- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Congress for the New Urbanism
Wednesday, December 20, 2017
Location: Washington D.C
Organization:The Congress for the New Urbanism (CNU) is leading the revival of walkable, mixed-use neighborhoods. As a membership-based advocacy organization, CNU works to advance and promote the principles of New Urbanism. CNU promotes healthy, sustainable urban design and planning techniques into common practice. CNU supports public policy that enables great placemaking and seeks to remove barriers to sustainable development. For more information please visit www.cnu.org.
Summary: CNU seeks a passionate and highly organized individual to serve as the Program Fellow working out of CNU’s DC office. Successful candidates will have experience in research and content development, strong writing and analytical skills, and be a driven self-starter with strong attention to detail. This position will report directly to CNU’s Program Manager.
Qualities: CNU seeks a Program Fellow who is: 1) an exceptional communicator (in both) written and spoken form, 2) a creative thinker and skilled researcher, and 3) experienced and interested in New Urbanism, sustainable development, and the built and natural environment. Additionally, successful candidates can demonstrate an ability to: 1) work independently and with a team, 2) manage multiple tasks, priorities, and projects, while staying on deadline; and 3) be a self-starter who sees what needs to get done and does it.
Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of this position is to support CNU Program Staff in the development of content and to conduct research for CNU’s programs. Specific activities may include:
- Content development and research in support of CNU’s programs:
- Strategies for Wealth Creation Case Studies
- Freeways Without Futures Factsheets
- Support annual Congress activities:
- Apply for AIA/AICP continuing education credits
- Input program information into Filemaker Pro and CVent
- Support CNU’s membership programs:
- Strengthen and expand CNU’s Group Membership program
- Chapter engagement
- Municipal/local government engagement
- Assist with program and initiative communications:
- Research and post daily/weekly headlines for Build a Better Burb and Public Square
- Develop weekly newsletters for Build a Better Burb and Public Square
Other Functions as assigned. CNU staff work collaboratively to tackle projects and opportunities that may fall outside of this position description. The Program Fellow will be asked to engage on such projects, if and when they arise, and to the extent that he/she has the capacity and ability contribute.
Qualifications: CNU seeks a Program Fellow with the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or a level of education that, together with experience and training, demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities;
- Proven research and writing ability;
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite in a Mac OS environment;
- Comfortable using databases with initiative to “learn by doing”
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn basic web development in the Drupal and WordPress platform, a plus.
Salary: This is a full-time (40 hrs/week) contract position offering a monthly stipend of $2,500-3,500, dependent upon experience with a six month or longer commitment. No benefits will be provided.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to CNU's Program Manager at email@example.com.