- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
The Congress for the New Urbanism (CNU) is an international nonprofit organization working to build vibrant communities where people have diverse choices for how they live, work, and get around. For reporters, CNU staff and members are available as experts on urban design, walkable neighborhoods, sustainable urban development, highway teardown, and other issues.
For media inquiries, email Lauren Mayer at email@example.com and put MEDIA INQUIRY in the subject line or call 202.770.2083.
Recent Press Releases
- May 26, 2023 The Premiere National Event on Building Better Places Comes to Charlotte
- April 11, 2023 Meet the 10 nominated highways in CNU’s 2023 Freeways Without Futures report
- March 17, 2023 Workshops Bring Nationally Known Design Teams to Gastonia!
- January 25, 2023 Meet the nominees for CNU's 2023 Freeways Without Futures report
- January 11, 2023 CNU Statement on Biden-Harris National Transportation Decarbonization Plan
Recent Media Articles
The Detail: Convenient Cities Become Conspiracy Targets Newsroom November 1, 2023
Can 'gentle density' help us solve the housing crisis? Financial Times November 3, 2023
Austin Becomes The Largest U.S. City to Eliminate Parking Minimums Streetsblog USA November 5, 2023
New urbanism reshapes housing in Oklahoma The Journal Record November 10, 2023
Report: How Outdated Zoning Rules Still Shape Boston Planetizen November 10, 2023
Freeway Fighters Summit Signals a New Wave of US Highway Revolts Bloomberg.com November 15, 2023
Telling Civic Stories: Unveiling the Power of Film in Restoring Community Health EnergyPortal.eu November 16, 2023
Reckoning 375: Why advocates say centering Black voices is key in I-375's redevelopment WDET 101.9 FM November 18, 2023
National effort underway to revitalize Black townships KRTV November 22, 2023
2024 Charter Awards: Celebrating Innovative Urban Design Off Plan Property Exchange November 28, 2023