- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Start:Monday, November 12, 2007 - 8:00am
End:Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 4:30pm
Transport and the Carbon Challenge
At the invitation of The Prince's Foundation for the Built Environment, the annual CNU Transportation Summit 2007 was hosted in London on November 12th – 14th. By bringing together key opinion formers from both sides of the Atlantic as well as the Middle East and Australia, the summit set out to promote a cross fertilization of the best advances in global transportation reform for cities. We explored questions such as:
What are transport planners responsibilities to the carbon challenge, and how can emissions reduction be achieved?
How can we use transportation as an opportunity to create and design urban places we want?
A wealth of experience was shared by new urbanist experts in the field. Transport for London led tours to beacon projects, such as Kensington High Street and Trafalgar Square. On the third day of the summit, a number of participants went on the optional tour of Poundbury, the Prince of Wales’ exemplary urban extension of Dorchester, masterplanned by Leon Krier and built out under the guidance of the Duchy of Cornwall.
Learn more about the summit by exploring the Presentations and Blog Posts linked to on this page.
Download full Agenda here
Download a flyer on the summit here
- The UK Manual for Streets and design codes as an implementation tool
- The Convenient Remedy for the Inconvenient Truth
- Tfl: Achievements to date and future challenges
- Activating the Convenient Remedy: Climate Change, Urbanism, and Sustainable Transportation
- Transportation Models and Transportation Muddles: What New Urbanism Needs to Know
- The West Australian Liveable Neighborhoods Code
- Changing Investment Priorities
- Great Streets by Design: Court Street Plaza
- Shared Space: Traffic Engineering as if Streets matter
- Shared Space: Traffic Engineering as if Streets matter Part II
- Building from Buchanan & Manual for Streets
- Street Design Manual Comparison
- Welcoming Presentation for 2007 London Transportation Summit
- Generators of Urbanity: A New Paradigm for Urban Street Design
- Places for Movement: the street & square vs. road and open space
- Removing the Roadblocks
- Poundbury Series: Removing the Roadblocks
- Hans Monderman