- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
The Congress for the New Urbanism
Friday, May 31, 2019
Location: Washington, DC
Do you want to join a team helping to build places people love? The Congress for the New Urbanism (CNU) was established in 1993 to do just that and we are currently seeking energetic, curious students to help support this mission.
About CNU: The Congress for the New Urbanism (CNU) helps create vibrant and walkable cities, towns, and neighborhoods where people have diverse choices for how they live, work, shop, and get around. People want to live in well-designed places that are unique and authentic. CNU's mission is to help build those places. Visit www.cnu.org for more information.
Summary: CNU is seeking organized, efficient, and creative individuals to serve as interns at CNU’s DC office. Interns at CNU gain experience in event organization, member relations, database management, and program support. Interns will work closely with CNU staff and may have the opportunity to collaborate with CNU members.
Skills and Experience: Interns can expect to gain and develop the following skills and experiences:
- Events: Speaker communications, marketing and web development, database management, and general customer service.
- Membership: Data and database management, website design and coding, front-end web design, and data visualization.
- Program Research, project management, data analysis, critical thinking, grant development, and front-end web design.
- Knowledge or interest in community planning, urban design, and New Urbanism
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong familiarity with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint software in Mac OS environment, as well as G Suite products
- Ability to prepare reports, correspondence, presentations, and other documents
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to learn independently, take initiative, and work with limited supervision
- Professional and ambitious demeanor
- Some knowledge of MailChimp, HTML, basic web-design programs such as Drupal and database operations desired but not required
Compensation: Internships are unfunded but may count for school credit in some instances.
Please send an email with the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter describing your professional goals and interests, and preferred internship opportunity
- Three references (academic or work-related)
- Two short (1-2 page) writing samples
For more information about the internship and to learn about the three different internship opportunities, click here