- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
City of Garland
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
To event remaining 40 days
Location: Garland, Texas
Public-Private Partnerships Coordinator
Summary: Responsible for coordinating the identification, development, implementation and monitoring of plans, projects and activities under the City’s Catalyst Areas Program. Also responsible for identifying and engaging public and/or private development partners and their associated projects in other areas of the community as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, coordinate and implement the objectives of the City’s Catalyst Areas Program (CAP) including performance measures and identifying service improvements.
- Develop, implement, assess and refine the City’s public/private development engagement strategies.
- Identify, define and cultivate financial and non-financial partnerships with various public and/or private sector development entities to help secure new investment to the City.
- Coordinate and target the City’s existing real estate assets, incentives and programs to encourage private residential, commercial and business investment that advances City priorities.
- Prepare technical reports and present private and public resource analysis needed to bring about quality development that is in accord with various community plans and policy guiding documents.
- Serve as the coordinating liaison for the City’s CAP to other divisions, departments and outside agencies.
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive development inquiries and complaints.
- Assist and coordinate program budget preparation and facilitate expenditures as needed.
- Assist the Director of Economic Development in creating documents, policy reports, ordinance amendments and presentations.
- 4 years related experience
- 2 years project management experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Urban Planning or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in real estate development, program design and implementation and/or economic and/or community development
- 3+ years comprehensive project management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of economic development, real estate development and finance principles, programs and applications
- Extensive knowledge of Local, State and Federal laws, ordinances and practices in regards to development and urban development standards programs
- Extensive knowledge of business attraction, retention and expansion techniques and resources
- Extensive knowledge of planning, coordinating and managing community projects
- Extensive knowledge of project management practices and techniques
- Skill in Microsoft Office (including Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word)
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Ability to perform effective public outreach, marketing and investor recruitment which secures public and private sector resources
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid Class C Texas Driver's License
- Membership in American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) preferred
Physical Requirements and Work Environment: The incumbent works in a typical office environment; occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards; occasional outside work.
To apply online, click here
For more information, click here