- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Detroit Economic Growth Corporation
Sunday, November 26, 2017
Location: Detroit, MI
ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND/ CULTURE
The Detroit Economic Growth Corporation is a private non-profit organization leading the economic revitalization efforts for Detroit, the most exciting urban recovery in the country. The DEGC works closely with the City of Detroit and other partners to support existing businesses and bring new companies and investments to the City. The DEGC designs and implements innovative solutions that drive investment, create jobs, and build the economy through strong public-private collaborations. The DEGC’s commitment to integrity, transparency, and professionalism permeate the organization and undergirds our stature as the economic development authority for the City. The DEGC provides staff services to Detroit’s public development authorities including: The Downtown Development Authority, The Detroit Brownfield Redevelopment Authority, The Economic Development Corporation, The Eight Mile Woodward Corridor Improvement Authority, Neighborhood Development Corporation, the Local Development Finance Authority, and the Tax Increment Finance Authority.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The DEGC seeks a full-time salaried employee to serve as Program Coordinator for a new program, Motor City Re-Store (MCR-S) located within the Small Business Services unit. The program aims to serve existing businesses and help revitalize commercial corridors through technical assistance, façade grants and access to small business lending. The Program Coordinator will perform a range of duties related to planning, coordinating, implementing, record keeping and reporting within this new program. The Program Coordinator will report to the Program Manager who will provide oversight and strategic guidance on program operations. The Program Coordinator, in collaboration with the Program Manager, will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the program.
SUMMARY OF KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with Program outreach planning and execution.
- Develop and execute Program procedures and processes.
- Lead service provision and management.
- Assist with Program design.
- Robust understanding of Detroit small business development tasks and challenges
- Neighborhood and district-level knowledge of Detroit neighborhoods.
- Fundamental understanding of real estate and construction activities for tenant improvements
- Event or production experience
- Strong all-around communication skills
- Experience with grants administration and reporting a plus
- Minimum of one-year experience associated with management support in one or more areas such as project
- management, architecture, construction management, real estate and/or experience in community planning and development in a municipal environment; or any equivalent combination of experience and additional education or training that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this work.
- Knowledge of research and analytic techniques. Principles and practices of economic development, real estate and urban design are a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Specifically, the ideal candidate will pose a demonstrated ability to prepare written and graphic materials, compose clear and concise reports, prepare and make presentations, and communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with professional peers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- A Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree in Business Administration, Urban Planning, Public Administration
- or a closely related field a plus.
- Familiarity with data management systems such as SalesForce, Smart Sheets, etc.
- Familiarity with Google Maps and Loveland, ArcGIS and Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with confidential documents.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times.
A competitive compensation package will be provided to the successful candidates. Salary range is dependent on experience and is accompanied by a full range of benefits.
The DEGC is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender.
Please see https://degc.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=12/ for full details including application instructions.