- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
In June 2020, CNU leaped into the world of virtual event planning, migrating our 28th annual Congress online in under 50 days. We knew how important it was for our members and allies to connect given the rapidly changing landscape of early 2020, and we learned so much about what was valuable online and what could be improved. Given the current spikes in COVID-19 across the country and a wide array of regional recommendations for gatherings, the CNU National Board voted to host our 2021 Congress virtually, moving Oklahoma City to 2022.
CNU 29.Design for Change will focus on the intersection between design and power. The power design holds to influence the way we live, to physically change and adapt the spaces we inhabit, as well as how we can use it to achieve the change we want to see in neighborhoods, towns, cities, and across regions. More than that, design is a tool that empowers neighborhood residents to imagine and create the places they want. In a rapidly changing world, design can create more resilient and just places as easily as it can contribute to deepening gaps.
CNU 29.Design for Change will leverage the full benefits of a virtual event, including:
- A bigger, more accessible environment for attendees to engage with speakers, content, and one another. We are introducing polling in sessions for a two-way conversation, as well as improving our Q&A experience.
- Dedicated spaces for attendees to mingle and network, mimicking more closely the experience of an in-person event.
- Social gatherings tailored to meet the needs of attendees and sponsors alike, including more curated group discussions, passionate debates, and casual interactions to blow off steam after a long day.
- A more uniform experience across the mobile and web apps, providing seamless access to sessions, exhibits, discussion groups, and more.
- One-on-one mentoring and networking to bring newer attendees into established circles.
Stay tuned for upcoming news, such as notes on pricing and registration.
Mark your calendars for CNU 29.Design for Change, May 19-21, 2021