- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Waukesha, WI
Zoning Code Update
Closing: October 2, 2023
The City of Waukesha seeks a qualified consultant to prepare a full rewrite of Chapter 22 of the City’s Ordinances, the Zoning Code, along with potential updates to other associated code sections, such as Chapter 23 Subdivision and Platting, and Chapter 27 Signs and Outdoor Advertising.
Scope of Work/Project Outline
The final work program and timeline will be developed in conjunction with City staff but the scope of work should include the following:
- Current Zoning Ordinance Diagnosis. The consultant will work closely with City staff in producing a diagnosis of the existing code.
- Review of Comprehensive Plan and other relevant plans. The consultant will review and identify Plan Goals, Policies and Recommendations from the newly updated Comprehensive Plan, the Housing Study, the Central City Master Plan, and other relevant plans to ensure the new code will be consistent with recent planning documents.
- Evaluation of Existing Neighborhoods, Corridors and Districts. Staff will work with the consultant to identify context sensitive regulations for existing neighborhoods throughout the City, as well as regulations to guide new development and redevelopment where applicable.
- Public Outreach. The consultant will develop a public outreach strategy to inform community stakeholders and the general public on the benefits of the proposed code updates, as well as conducting meetings and/or a charette and web interaction throughout the process. The Plan Commission will be the project steering committee and will receive regular updates throughout the process either by the consultant or by City staff.
- Drafting the Document. The consultant will prepare drafts of the zoning ordinance, including graphics, for review by staff and the steering committee, culminating in a final version to be acted upon by the Plan Commission and the City Council. The consultant will also complete any required revisions to the ordinance.
- Stress Tests. Prior to final approval the consultant will work with staff to test the draft on existing properties, likely development scenarios, and common code enforcement situations in Waukesha to anticipate and correct for unintended problems.
Complete proposals must be received by 4:00 PM on Monday October 2nd, 2023 to be considered.