- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Winona, MN
Community Development Specialist
Salary: $65,500 to $87,318
This position obtains grant funding for community development programs, promotes availability of funds, allocates funds to applicants, and prepares reports for local, state, and federal compliance associated with the various programs.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Proposes potential development, redevelopment and rehabilitation projects and programs.
- Researches and applies for community development funding including Federal and State Grants.
- Monitors and develops policies and procedures to carry out local, state and federal programs, grants and loans.
- Conducts application process including meeting with interested parties, collecting all required documentation, and verifying income and other eligibility requirements.
- Conducts field inspections of commercial and residential buildings to develop work write-ups, cost estimates, and other documentation.
- Conducts construction management for housing and development projects including preparing bids, incorporating lead safe practices, conducts field inspections, processes payments and lien waiver for housing and development projects.
- Coordinate and/or prepares financial and legal documents for development and redevelopment projects.
- Meets with partners to market and enhance programs residents, building owners, and developers.
- Confers with contractors, builders, and the general public in the field and office.
- Maintains records and prepares notices and reports.
- Provides general office support for community development programs.
- Attends specialized training, courses, and seminars as approved.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the formal education, experience and training required.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent training at a technical or vocational school with a focus on building inspection technology, business administration, community development, planning or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in community development and/or residential rehabilitation, or related experience
- Possess a valid driver’s license
The requirements listed below are representative of the formal education, experience and training preferred in order to exceptionally perform all of the functions of this position.
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, public administration, planning or related field
- Experience with grant application and implementation
- Possess lead risk assessment or inspection certification
- Possess training in rehabilitation or finance
How to Apply
Apply for this position by using the Apply Online link at: https://www.cityofwinona.com/Jobs.aspx?UniqueId=119&From=All&CommunityJobs=False&JobID=Full-Time-Community-Development-Speciali-86. Click on the Tools box at the right and then select the corresponding application form. You may create an account to save your progress and return to finish later.
Questions may be directed to Human Resources or 507-457-8234.