- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Boulder, CO
Salary: $44,000 - $56,000 at 32 hours/week
Our firm offers services of architecture, urban design, master planning, and the crafting of development codes. We believe that our individual lifestyles and our global environment can benefit from compact, walkable, mixed-use, mixed-income and transit-oriented communities. We focus on urbanism with timeless values and sustainable living, at regional and national scales. Our wide range of experience enables us to develop community plans that combine climate sensitive site planning solutions with diverse building prototypes.
We are looking for a candidate to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary design team on all aspects of urban design and planning. Typical planning projects include feasibility studies, zoning and policy analysis, coordination with local governments and stake holders, annexation, site plan submittals, development code writing, public process and collaboration with affiliated engineering services.
- The development of land plans -Collaboration with civil engineers, transportation engineers, landscape architects and government officials;
- Code writing;
- Assistance with structuring project contracts and periodic budget reviews;
- Management of meetings and preparation of agendas and meeting minutes
- Help with facilitating public meetings and conducting research;
- Preparation of design documents.
- This position also includes the opportunity to work on the architecture associated with development projects.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a close and friendly working environment and be flexible enough to enjoy the range of responsibilities that come with working for a small firm.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in planning, urban design (or landscape architecture).
- Have 2-3 years of experience in site planning and managing entitlement processes.
- Be familiar with the goals and principles of New Urbanism.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills for client and multi-disciplinary sub-consultant team communications.
- Possess strong skills in AutoCAD or Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and InDesign) and Microsoft Office. ArcGIS skill is a plus.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and be detailed oriented.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with your resume, letter of interest and portfolio.