- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Miami, FL preferred (will also consider NYC)
Salary: $50,000-70,000 /yr base salary
Who We Are
Street Plans is an internationally sought after and award-winning transportation planning, urban design,and research practice founded in Miami in 2009. Our team has completed hundreds of successful projects across the globe, and maintains offices in Atlanta, New York, Pittsburgh, South Florida, and the SF Bay Area.
The firm combines best-in-class active transportation planning with an interdisciplinary understanding of how to make great streets, public spaces, and mobility networks happen in the real world through every phase of planning - from pixel to pavement.
An entry-level emerging professional with a degree in Urban Design or Architecture. The successful candidate will provide planning, design, implementation, and analysis support for a variety of projects. The candidate will need to collaborate closely with Street Plans Principals and Project Managers, as well as external partners and clients, to deliver designs that meet both the project’s goals and the firm’s standards.
- Production and development of design throughout the project's lifecycle, from the conceptual phase to implementation to post-production
- Support project management in coordination with clients, project partners, and design team
- Develop technical drawings that meet project deliverables
- Conduct research and perform analysis of sites and codes
- Read/understand civil engineering drawings
- Lead graphic design layouts of project reports and assist with design of project websites
- Assist with public outreach & project implementation as needed
- A degree in Urban Design and/or Architecture
- At least 1 year of experience working on multiple phases of the architectural design process, including schematic design and design development
- Ability to present and communicate complex data in a clear visual manner
- Ability to read and understand civil engineering drawings
- Must be able manage time against projected timelines and deadlines, including prioritizing competing opportunities, and managing multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to Travel, when necessary
Skills & Qualifications
- Advanced knowledge in drafting/modeling programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, Sketchup, Rhino, etc.,
- Expertise in post-production programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, V-Ray, Lumion etc.
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills for presentations and coordination of projects,
- GIS analysis and implementation in design is a plus
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Urban Designer” in the subject of your email. Please include your Resume, Cover Letter, and any relevant work samples (or personal blog or website writing samples) you’d like to highlight for this position – and a short description of your favorite street or public space – tell us why you love it in 250 words or less.
Posting URL: https://street-plans.com/jobs/urban-designer/