- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Denver, CO
Grants Team Manager
About the Position
Walton Enterprises has an opening on the Walton Family Foundation Legal team seeking a skilled, highly motivated, and entrepreneurial individual to join the team as Grants Team Manager.
This position is for a grants management professional with at least 5 years of experience. Ideally, you will have a working knowledge of the legal rules that apply to tax-exempt organizations, specifically private foundations. This role manages the WFF Grants Management team.
- Oversee and develop the WFF Grants Management team of 4-6 associates
- Play a key role in continuously improving grants management processes, resources, and capabilities to inform opportunities for greater efficiency and efficacy; ensure processes are documented and up to date
- Partner with colleagues and other departments to better collect and reflect grant data in reporting and tax returns
- Support WFF in maintaining up-to-date processes and policy and documentation
- Help train associates on WFF grant processes and policies as well as relevant IRS regulations relevant to private foundation grantmaking
- Maintain grantmaking templates (e.g., application, agreement letters, reporting); partner with Legal, Technology and other key stakeholders to update as needed.
- Inform and help to implement requirements for software systems to support grants management
- Serve as a resource on IRS regulations and other Federal and state laws applicable to grantmaking
- Serve on / coordinate WFF-wide Effective Grantmaking Group
- 5+ years of grants management experience with a deep understanding of grants processes and related financial and compliance issues, with a very strong preference for private foundation-related grantmaking experience
- At least 2 years of staff management experience, including proven track record in staff development
- Knowledge and experience with grants management systems, data tracking, and reporting
- Proven organization and planning/time management skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual skills
- Highly collaborative, hands-on leadership style and track record
- Strong understanding of IRS rules and regulations governing private foundations
Additional Helpful Experiences
- Knowledge about IRS lobbying and campaign intervention rules is a plus.
- Change management, process improvement, and stakeholder engagement experience.
- You are helpful, a team player, and show respect while collaborating with others
- You are results-oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
- A lifelong learner who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation
- A visionary who plans with imagination and wisdom
- You are dedicated to achieving excellence and working with others to tackle the tasks at hand
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://weioffice-foundation.icims.com/jobs/1171/manager%2c-grants-team/job