- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Salary: approximately $50,000-$65,000
Bok is a 340,000 square foot building filled with over 200 businesses, makers, nonprofits and artists. The building draws over 250,000 visitors annually for events, food & beverage options, and programming within the building. The scale of the building means there is the ability to accommodate a wide range of users in spaces ranging from 200 square feet to 25,000 square feet. Businesses range from non-profits, bakeries and test kitchens, architects and lawyers, designers and photographers, artists and craftspeople, musicians, a hair salon, a pre-school, a community health clinic and beyond.
With a mix of expertise — from design and planning to project management and community engagement — we are interested in non-traditional development and bringing old buildings back to life. For more information, please visit www.buildingbok.com.
Bok is looking for a detail-oriented, personable and highly professional Operations Coordinator to join our team. The position will work closely under our Director of Operations and Director of Facilities to ensure that the building operations are well supported. This person should work well under pressure, be adaptable to changing building demands, and enjoy learning by doing. A successful candidate will also have experience in property management, hospitality, and / or IT and building systems.
This role is full-time with a schedule of Wednesday to Sunday 11am – 7pm with occasional flexibility required.
Support Director of Operations and Director of Facilities to ensure the safe, economic and effective operation of the building by:
- Overseeing tenant onboarding and move-out processes, including updating and maintaining accurate property management software records and hardcopy files
- Triaging ad-hoc maintenance requests and supporting resolution of issues; communicating status updates to tenants
- Managing IT vendors and equipment inventory; providing tech troubleshooting solutions
- Ensuring smooth operation of building systems (i.e. cameras, fobs, software. Wifi networks) and coordinating repair or replacement of related equipment
- Providing operational support for building wide events and related operating businesses
- Tracking administrative renewals such as permits, certifications, and inspections; maintaining relevant records and documentation
- Monitoring building slack channel and initiating appropriate and timely response
- Coordinating data collection and generating reports related to building efficiency and issues
- Coordinating tenant communications, notices and alerts; responding to general building questions and requests and coordinating any required follow up
- Managing distribution of relevant surveys; analyzing results and providing reports
Bok is run by a small, entrepreneurial, energetic team and therefore is looking for someone who appreciates a fast-paced, start-up work environment and can remain highly organized and maintain a friendly demeanor and positive attitude in such a setting. Requirements include:
- A minimum of three years’ relevant work experience; previous operations, property management, hospitality, and/or IT experience is strongly preferred
- Tech savvy and able to lead equipment and systems troubleshooting in the office and the building
- Mac-systems competent
- Enjoys problem solving and takes a creative approach to solving problems
- Strong customer service skills, a highly personable demeanor and the ability to take a hospitality-driven approach in engaging and working with a variety of internal and external community members — from tenants to neighbors to contractors to utility suppliers and beyond — and diverse personality types
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and comfort with presenting in front of groups
- A serious eye for detail and keen observation skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Reliable, pro-active and self-directed to take action and resolve problems with care, confidence and tact
- Sound judgment and ability to deal effectively with matters of a confidential nature
- Experience with the following software and platforms is strongly preferred: Microsoft Excel and Word, property management software (AppFolio), building systems (Butterfly MX), project management (Asana, Slack) and email marketing platforms (Mailchimp)
How to Apply
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and salary expectation with “Operations Coordinator Application” in the subject line to email@example.com.
Only applicants who provide all required materials and submitted through the proper channel will be considered.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with the ambition of filling the role in May/June 2023.