- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Leasing & Community Coordinator (Part Time)
Salary: approximately $40,000-$55,000 pro rata
Bok is a 340,000 square foot building filled with over 200 businesses, makers, nonprofits and artists. The building draws over 250,000 visitors annually for events, food & beverage options, and programming within the building. The scale of the building means there is the ability to accommodate a wide range of users in spaces ranging from 200 square feet to 25,000 square feet. Businesses range from non-profits, bakeries and test kitchens, architects and lawyers, designers and photographers, artists and craftspeople, musicians, a hair salon, a pre-school, a community health clinic and beyond.
With a mix of expertise — from design and planning to project management and community engagement — the team at Bok is interested in taking a non-traditional development approach to bring old buildings back to life. For more information, please visit www.buildingbok.com.
Scout is looking for a detail-oriented, personable and highly professional Leasing and Community Coordinator to join our team at BOK part-time (20 hours per week). The position will work closely under our Director of Leasing & Marketing and the Events Manager. Occasional weekend and evening work will be required.
Support Director of Leasing & Marketing and team with tenant relationship management and leasing goals by:
- responding to prospective tenant leads, gathering and providing info to determine if BOK is a good fit for leads’ businesses; giving tours of spaces available for lease and providing info needed for decision making o drafting lease proposals
- tracking current tenant lease terms and drafting lease renewal agreements o assisting with tenant onboarding and move-out processes, including updating and maintaining accurate property management software records and hardcopy files
- supporting monthly reporting (i.e. rent roll, maintenance-related issues, turnover, events income, etc.) as well as, distribution, collection and analysis of surveys
- keeping the tenant community informed by sending building notices and alerts as needed
- fielding general questions and requests and coordinating any required follow-up o supporting the development of leasing materials and updating as needed
Support Events Manager and community partners by:
- attending monthly civic association meetings and presenting updates on Bok
- liaising with key community partners (e.g. Southwark, CityYear, SEAMAAC) to support their work and mission
Scout is a small, entrepreneurial, energetic team and therefore looking for someone who appreciates a fast-paced, start- up work environment and has the ability to remain highly organized and maintain a friendly demeanor and positive attitude in such a setting. Requirements include:
- A minimum of two years’ relevant work experience; leasing, communications and/or community engagement experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong customer service skills, a highly personable demeanor and the ability to take a hospitality-driven approach in engaging and working with a variety of internal and external community members — from tenants to neighbors to community partners and beyond — and diverse personality types.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and comfort with presenting in front of groups.
- A serious eye for detail and keen observation skills.
- Reliable, pro-active and self-directed to take action and resolve problems with care, confidence and tact.
- Sound judgment and ability to deal effectively with matters of a confidential nature.
- Experience with the following software and platforms is strongly preferred: Microsoft Excel and Word, property management software (AppFolio), building systems (Butterfly MX), project management (Asana, Slack) and email marketing platforms (Mailchimp)
- Spanish language skills are a plus
How to Apply
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and salary expectation with “Leasing & Community Coordinator Application” in the subject line to email@example.com.
Only applicants who provide ALL required materials and submit through the proper channel will be considered.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with the ambition of filling the role in May/June 2023.