- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Winooski, VT
Land Use Planning and Development Regulation Consultant Services
Closing: June 16, 2023
Full RFQ: https://www.ccrpcvt.org/resources/rfprfqgrants/
The Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission (CCRPC) seeks qualified and innovative consultants to provide Land Use Planning and Development Regulation Consultant Services to CCRPC, the nineteen communities in Chittenden County, and other Vermont municipalities participating in the Rebuilding American Infrastructure with Sustainability and Equity (RAISE) Planning Grant: Transit-Oriented Development Plan for Northwest Vermont (https://www.ccrpcvt.org/our-work/transportation/2022-raise-grant/).
The CCRPC has been awarded a RAISE planning grant with an overall budget of $2,250,000 to develop a comprehensive Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) Plan for Northwest Vermont. The grant will be administered by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and will be centered around Chittenden County, Vermont and includes the four surrounding counties of Franklin, Addison, Rutland, and Washington.
CCRPC also anticipates working with several other municipalities within Chittenden County in the coming years on land use planning and development regulations-related projects.
The CCRPC is one of eleven regional planning commissions (RPCs) serving Vermont municipalities and operating under the Vermont Municipal and Regional Planning and Development Act (Title 24, Chapter 117, V.S.A.). The CCRPC also conducts metropolitan transportation planning pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 134, and its adopted bylaws.
Scope of Services
The types of projects that pre-qualified consultants may work on include the following:
- Design charrettes/public design workshops;
- Development of visuals or “visioning” documents using SketchUp, photo-realistic illustration, or similar tools;
- Comprehensive and master plans (at various scales);
- Development regulations/bylaws. This includes, but is not limited to, traditional Euclidean zoning, form-based codes (including conceptual street sections), context sensitive design, SmartCode or other similar zoning tools;
- Official Maps
- Plans and regulations related to the public space/streetscape design;
- Market studies;
- And any other plans, regulations, and ordinances related to land use.
The consultant should demonstrate the ability to lead complex projects and ability to facilitate a robust public engagement process with multiple stakeholders. Consultants should also demonstrate their ability to specifically conduct a public engagement process with traditionally underserved populations and communities that have not been included in the planning processes.
Successful consultants will have experience working with a range of planning and regulatory tools, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate the nuances of each format, and a proven track record in building support for regulatory changes with municipal officials and the public.
How to Apply
All consultants are required to prepare a Statement of Qualifications (SOQs) as part of this submission. To be considered responsive to this RFQ, the consultant shall:
- Submit an electronic copy of the SOQ via email in pdf format. The SOQ shall not exceed 20 pages, not including resumes.
- Submit an electronic copy of the Consultant Financial Background Questionnaire as a separate attachment as a pdf.
- Clearly indicate in the email that the response is for Land Use Planning & Development Regulation Consultant Services. The email should identify the name and address of the prime consultant.
Questions regarding this RFQ should be directed to Darren Schibler, CCRPC Senior Planner at email@example.com. CCRPC will maintain a list of questions and answers linked to the CCRPC RFP website (http://www.ccrpcvt.org/rfps/).
Submissions must be sent to Darren Schibler (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 3:00 p.m., June 16, 2023. A confirmation email will be sent upon receipt of each proposal. Proposals received after the deadline will not be accepted.