- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Atlanta, Miami, & NYC metro areas or Remote
Content & Proposal Manager
Salary: $50,000-80,000 /yr base salary
The ideal candidate will be passionate about our mission and possess a solid understanding of the proposal process within an urban design firm setting, particularly with an emphasis on active transportation, complete streets, and tactical urbanism implementation projects. This position requires excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, an ability to conceptualize and deliver graphics to convey ideas and information, and an ability to communicate effectively with a high level of professionalism in conveying technical matters, often in an easily digestible manner for laypersons.
- Preparation of proposals for responses to bids, grants, and awards submissions
- Marketing collateral development and management including staff bios, firm qualifications, and project descriptions and reports for both print and web
- Create and update content on the firm’s website and social media platforms
- E-Blasts and Newsletter marketing campaigns including the firm’s quarterly newsletter
- Developing and presenting internally on marketing related topics
- Managing our Marketing Tracker tool which coordinates all leads to support business development efforts
- Coordination of project photography, style assets, and project descriptions in a shared asset library
- Incorporate Street Plans’ branding initiatives into all materials and products
- Min. 3-5 years experience creating engaging content in a similar role professionally
- General understanding of the planning and design process and related lexicon
- Highly skilled in social media marketing and content creation for publications or blogs
- Familiarity with the proposal development process for private and public planning and transportation agencies, with an emphasis on working with cities and regional leadership. Grant writing experience is a plus.
- A degree in communications, creative writing, marketing, or urban planning/urban design/architecture is preferred but not required. Candidates with demonstrative strong coursework and/or direct experience in these subjects will also be highly considered.
- A passion for co-creating better streets and better places!
Skills & Qualifications
The Content & Proposal Manager position combines urban planning skills with storytelling expertise. More specifically, the ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Highly skilled in persuasive writing and graphic presentation
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work independently as well as in team environments,
- Strong graphic layout capabilities, creativity, skills and graphic sense
- Strong copy proofreading capabilities & analytical skills
- Able to demonstrate independent judgment, attention to detail, and strong project and time management skills – the primary duties of this position will often be often under tight deadline situations
- Fluency with Google Workspace (Google drive, gmail, sheets, docs etc.)
- Proficiency in Adobe design programs
- Proficiency with WordPress and web editing and design
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Content & Proposal Manager” in the subject of your email. Please include your Resume, Cover Letter, and any relevant work samples (or personal blog or website writing samples) you’d like to highlight for this position – and a short description of your favorite street or public space – tell us why you love it in 250 words or less.