- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Nashville, TN
Capital Planner 2
Salary: $63,058 – $85,128
Closing: April 1, 2023
The Metro Nashville/Davidson County Planning Department is seeking an experienced individual to help develop Nashville’s annual six-year Capital Improvements Budget through analysis and inter-agency coordination.
The Planner 2 is a non-Civil Service, contract position. Metro Nashville offers excellent health, dental and retirement benefits, and competitive paid vacation time, paid sick leave, and paid holidays. The Planning Department currently works a 3/2 hybrid work-week, with two additional weeks of remote-work available annually.
The annual Capital Improvements Budget includes hundreds of funding proposals; each year, it must be prepared and assembled for the Metro Council on a fixed timeline, making attention to detail and a quick pace a necessity. This position will also administer the program through scheduling and hosting meetings, corresponding with Metro departments and the public, and preparing materials related to capital plans.
This position will work with Metro departments to understand and evaluate their capital needs and master plans and coordinate them through the annual Capital Improvement Budget. The ideal candidate will work cooperatively with departments to identify how to align department needs with broader community goals.
This position may also assist in data and GIS analysis projects in support of Nashville’s long-range planning program. Duties may include conducting basic data analyses and assessing policy alternatives. The ideal candidate will be able to understand, critique, and conduct basic analyses and evaluate quantitative measures, reports, and processes. The Planner II will work closely with and may oversee the Capital Planner I within the team.
Education and Certification Requirements
- Master’s degree in Planning, Public Administration, Business Administration, or a related field, with exposure to the public sector or a capital planning field with two years of professional experience or Bachelor’s degree in the same fields with four years of professional experience in the public sector or a capital planning field.
- Must have experience with spreadsheets, databases, geographic information systems, and publishing software. Key skills include:
- MS Office suite: required
- GIS – ArcMap: required
- Relational databases, including MS Access: preferred
- Adobe suite – Acrobat, InDesign: preferred
- R programming: appreciated
- Should have knowledge of planning and budgeting principles, such as cost benefit analysis.
- Should have knowledge of public capital systems, such as transportation systems, water and wastewater systems, and public facilities.
- Must have the ability to gather data, analyze facts, think critically, and make accurate decisions, communicate effectively, and establish good working relationships with government officials and other related entities.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send letter of interest and resume to:
Human Resources Administrator
Metro Nashville Planning Department
800 President Ronald Reagan Way
P.O. Box 196300
Nashville, TN 37219-6300
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(No Phone Calls Please)