- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Winona, MN
Salary: $95,561.41 ($45.94/hour)
Closing: Open until filled
The City of Winona is seeking a dynamic, innovative engineer to lead its Engineering Division. Winona is a walkable community nestled in the picturesque bluffs of the Driftless Region along Mississippi River and is centered on outdoor recreation, arts and culture, and education. The City has ambitious multimodal plans for connections throughout the city to the bluffs, lakes, and river. The community features year-round arts festivals, the second-largest ice climbing park in the United States, a bike trail hub for US Bicycle Route 45 (Mississippi River Trail) and the Flyway Trail, and is home to innovative, entrepreneurial, industry-leading businesses and universities.
Under general direction of the Public Works Director, this professional supervisory position performs engineering, long-range planning, budgeting, and administrative work; designs and manages construction projects for the Public Works Department and Port Authority; and is responsible for the supervision and coordination of the engineering division. This position serves as the traffic engineer for the City and Director of Public Works in their absence.
- Designs, Plans, Manages, and Supervises Public Works and Port Authority Projects.
- Performs or effectively recommends the hiring, promotion, assignment, discipline, and direction of work of subordinate personnel.
- Interacts with public through meetings, site visits, receiving and acting upon complaints, and maintaining availability to citizens when necessary.
- Administers the City’s State Aid account including funding and reimbursement, planning, design, construction, and finalization of projects.
- Assists the Director of Public Works in the supervision, maintenance, and operation of the Public Works Department.
- Meets with consultants, developers, MNDOT, and businesses regarding developments and projects.
- Coordinates, plans, and estimates costs of Public Works projects for the City’s five-year Capital Improvement Plan.
- Assists in preparing Public Works budget.
- Processes State, Federal, and general paperwork necessary for construction projects such as permits, reports, and requirements for proceeding with projects.
- Serves as Traffic Engineer for the City.
- Maintains engineering records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the formal education, experience and training preferred in order to exceptionally perform all of the functions of this position.
- Eight (8) years of municipal civil engineering or related experience
- Supervisory experience
- Possess Erosion Control Designer certification
- Starting wage: $95,561.41 annually, exempt; $45.94 per hour
- Health, dental, and life insurance on date of hire.
- Enrollment in the Minnesota Public Employees Retirement Plan.
- Generous paid leave including 40 hours of vacation granted on date of hire with progressive accrual thereafter; 11 paid holidays per year; and 96 hours of paid sick leave per year.
How to Apply
Apply for this position by using the Apply Online link in the Tools box here. Or, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 507-457-8234.