- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
City of Issaquah
Monday, November 27, 2017
Location: Issaquah, WA
Senior Transportation Planner
Are you looking for a challenge and opportunity for professional development? Do you want to want to make a difference in your community? Then consider joining our team!
The City of Issaquah is seeking a progressive, technically skilled, and community-focused individual to fill the position of Senior Transportation Planner. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to grow the position from the ground up and to provide the vision and strategic thinking needed to implement a newly centralized transportation planning program.
We are a customer-focused organization, committed to continuous improvement and innovation. Our mission: We enhance lives through public service.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Coordinate efforts to advance the City’s initiatives and strategic vision for transportation.
- Oversee development of the Transportation Master Plan, including consultant selection and overall management of the project.
- Analyze transportation systems and policies, identify issues, evaluate potential solutions, and recommend solutions for implementation.
- Manage interdisciplinary projects that are technically complex, difficult, and sensitive.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Transportation Advisory Board.
- Collaborate internally and externally on regional transportation initiatives.
- Lead public outreach efforts related to assigned programs and projects; respond to inquiries from the Transportation Advisory Board, City staff, and the community.
We are looking for the following qualifications and skills:
- Ability to be innovative, creative, strategic, and detail-orientated, and experienced and comfortable in highly visible/controversial projects.
- Thorough knowledge of transportation system design and planning.
- Capable of managing multiple high-priority projects.
- Knowledge of, and experience utilizing best practices in transportation planning, including NACTO guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups, including both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data and make recommendations
The City offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and their dependents. This includes choices of medical and dental coverage, City-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), Washington State retirement (PERS), 457 deferred compensation match, life and long-term disability insurance, hour-for-hour compensatory time, and other health and wellness incentives.
A Bachelor’s degree in Planning or related field; Master’s degree strongly preferred. Five years of progressively responsible experience in transportation planning. AICP certification preferred.
$6676-8524 per month
TO APPLY: Visit https://apply.govjobstoday.com for complete description and to apply.