- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Redevelopment Management Associates RMA
Saturday, November 25, 2017
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Urban Design and Planning Director
RMA is seeking an accomplished, articulate professional urban designer/planner with a minimum of 10 years of experience. The Director position is a merit-based post offered to qualified candidates who have demonstrated the necessary leadership and management skills to fulfill this role. The Director’s primary responsibility is to manage projects, oversee the development of design ideas, and direct the team’s daily operations. A component of teaching and production responsibilities are also required.
Formed in 2009, Redevelopment Management Associates (RMA) is the most experienced full-service consulting and management firm in the state of Florida specializing in revitalizing core areas and corridors for cities, counties, and special districts nationwide. RMA brings together a phenomenal team of redevelopment experts passionate about building better communities.
RMA is headquartered in Pompano Beach, FL.
Our “In-house” team consists of a wide variety of skill sets that together, produce results that are unmatched by a single purpose firm. We have architects, urban designers, planners, economic developers, real estate and marketing professionals, and financial analysts
Our planning principles are based on a smart growth approach which means building and maintaining towns and cities with housing and transportation choices near employment centers, shops, and schools, while supporting local economies and protecting the environment. Ensuring a proper use of civic spaces such as streets, plazas and parks is critical to our approach. We plan and design for any scale of development – local, neighborhood, regional or entire districts. The result is an improved quality of life for the individuals who inhabit these locales on a daily basis.
We identify the unique challenges and opportunities of an area and consider the community’s perspectives. RMA is highly experienced in engaging public participation through forums including design charrettes, stakeholder interviews and tech driven outreach methods.
Whether we are helping to redevelop existing sites in a developed area, or designing a vacant parcel from the ground up, we work with our clients to maximize the potential of their sites.
For more information please visit www.rma.us.com.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position)
- Lead project teams
- Write reports, develop master plans, design guidelines and draft zoning regulations
- Conduct design charrettes, public hearing/meeting presentations
- Manage sub-consultants
- Manage contracts, track project budgets, and organize schedules
- Review and prepare project invoices and cover letters
- Promote teamwork among team members
- Mentor and teach team members
- Promote accountability for the successful completion of projects
- Prepare and maintain team task lists
- Oversee development and execution of design ideas
- Oversee the final production of deliverables
- Redline reports and drawings
- RFQs/RFP: develop project approach, scopes, pricing, budgets and contract negotiation
- Research best practices and industry trends
- Seek out leadership roles and speaking opportunities in professional organizations
- Basic understanding of placemaking and community design (building, street, and public space types plus associated principles)
- Ability to communicate verbally, in writing, and through drawings
- Adeptness at hand drawing and sketching
- Demonstrated creative ability, including urban, architectural, and graphic design
- Project organization and management expertise
- Community engagement capabilities
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, GIS and Microsoft Office
Education, Experience, Certification, and Licensure:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in urban design, city planning, architecture, or landscape architecture
- 10 years professional experience
- Architects or landscape architects license (U.S.), and/or American Institute of Certified Planners Certification (AICP)
- Design background and LEED AP or Green Associate preferred
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment such as, but not limited to, a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. No significant moving, climbing, carrying, crawling, pushing, and pulling.
Salary Range: $89,000 – 120,000 DOE
Please send a resume and/ or portfolio to email@example.com
Ref: Urban Design & Planning Director
This position can be found at: http://www.rma.us.com/careers/