- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
City of Issaquah
$10,976 - $14,700 per month
Be a leader during an exciting era in Issaquah! This is THE opportunity to be part of making a remarkable community even better. The Development Services Director manages, directs, plans, and organizes the daily operations of the Development Services Department.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Guiding strategic planning for departmental activities; developing short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for department functions and programs.
- Analyzing community needs and forecasting for future requirements.
- Developing and monitoring standards and service levels.
- Leading and directing the department's staff and budget.
- Administering the City's Comprehensive Plan and ensuring actions are consistent with city goals.
- Making recommendations with the Mayor's office, as well as providing technical advice and collaborative services to other departments.
- Executive representative to the City Council Land and Shore Committee.Qualifications
We are looking for a teammate and leader that feels similarly passionate about our community and our goals. The ideal candidate will have proven leadership and administrative experience in local government as well as a broad background in all aspects of urban planning, development, and environmental review, and a strong track record of success in managing a multifaceted department.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in planning or a related field and minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience involving management and high performance organizations.
- Valid Washington State Driver's License with a driving record free from serious or frequent violations.
- Must pass a criminal background screening.
Submit an online application by visiting www.govjobstoday.com. Along with your application, a cover letter or statement of interest is required. Position closes 5:00PM, November 6, 2015.