- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
The Congress for the New Urbanism (CNU) helps create vibrant and walkable cities, towns, and neighborhoods where people have diverse choices for how they live, work, shop, and get around. People want to live in well-designed places that are unique and authentic. CNU's mission is to help build those places. Visit www.cnu.org for more information
Internships are unfunded, but may count for school credit in some instances.
CNU is seeking highly organized, efficient, and creative individuals to serve as Program Interns for various times during 2016-2017. The Program Interns will report directly to the Program Staff performing a variety of administrative and program coordination tasks. The Program Interns will work closely with CNU staff and will have the opportunity to run and manage programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Support CNU Programs (ex. CNU 25 in Seattle, Congress Legacy Program, Build a Better Burb, Municipal Membership Program, etc.).
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned at the discretion of CNU.
- Pursuing a graduate-level degree; or a level of education that, together with experience and training, demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Knowledge or interest in community planning and urban design, New Urbanism.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint software in Mac OS environment. Some knowledge of Mail Chimp, HTML, basic web-design programs such as Drupal and database operations desired.
- Ability to prepare reports, correspondence, presentations and other documents.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn independently, take initiative, and work with limited supervision.
- Professional demeanor and an orientation towards customer service.
- Cover letter describing applicant’s goals and interests
- Two references (academic or work related)
- Two short (1-2 page) journalistic writing samples
- Include a subject line with your name and position title
Please submit all application materials to Kristen Dunphey via email at email@example.com