- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
CNU has worked with a number of states and municipalities on this effort and have done so through grants and contracts. The methodology is customized for each location, but the general process is as follows:
- Partnerships: The PCR Faculty works closely with a local or state partner to understand local placetypes and the most problematic barriers within existing land use regulations
- Research and analysis: What are the biggest challenges and opportunities facing local governments in the state or city?
- Recommendation and documentation: What are the biggest little changes to meet the context and conditions of the locality?
- Ground truthing and review: Are the recommendations meeting local needs? Can they be implemented? What’s missing?
- Training and outreach: CNU delivers educational resources for local governments, partners, allies, and consultants to facilitate streamlined implementation of the recommendations.
For more information about the Project for Code Reform or to inquire about bringing PCR to your state, city, or town, please email PCRINFO@cnu.org.