Sprawling Atlanta is exceedingly expensive for working-class families

Sprawling Atlanta is exceedingly expensive for working-class families, according to a study by the Center for Housing Policy. Families with income between $20,000 and $50,000 in Atlanta spend an average of 29 percent of their income on housing and 32 percent of their income on transportation for a total of 61 percent. The only metro area more expensive is San Francisco, where housing is outrageously costly, taking up 35 percent of a working-class family’s budget.