Growing Maine towns and cities, tactically
The Maine chapter of CNU, GrowSmart Maine, the Maine Municipal Association, and the Maine Real Estate & Development Association will host a Build Maine conference November 5-6 in Lewiston.
The theme is that builders, funders, elected officials, engineers, lawyers, planners, finance institutions, and rule-makers in the built environment could work together for strategic, high impact investments.
Representatives in all of these fields will meet with nationally renowned leaders in the fields of street design, real estate development, and public service to introduce ideas on "how to do more with less."
• Value-added civil engineering
• Municipal financial self-sufficiency
• New development strategies for the new economy
• High returning infrastructure investments
• Tools for tighter municipal management
• How traffic engineers can turn their critics into friends