- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Orange County Government, Florida
At Orange County Government, we are proud to serve the public with integrity, honesty, fairness and professionalism. We develop innovative policies and services that impact Central Florida and shape the future of our community. We have been consistently recognized as a "Top 100 Family Friendly Company" facilitating a healthy work-life balance. Orange County Government is looking for a highly motivated individual that will serve as a Planner III. This is a responsible supervisory or highly specialized professional planning position directing major work elements and assisting the Section Chief in administering the work program of a section of the Orange County Planning Division. Tasks assigned to this position require exercising independent, professional judgment based upon prior experience and using the best available data for determining appropriate strategies in the development and presentation of data, reports and recommendations. This position coordinates the accomplishment of specialized planning and performs on-going planning responsibilities with limited supervision.
- Plans, coordinates and directs the work of other professional planners, technical and support staff assigned to carry out major work elements within a section of the Division.
- Assists the Chief Planner in directing the section work program tasks including the gathering and preparation of reports, general meeting preparation and necessary public contact.
- Implements procedures and techniques for gathering necessary planning data to support the Section's work program.
- Prepares special planning studies, ordinance revisions, and carries out special projects as needed.
- Attends and conducts meetings with various professional and community groups.
- Leads cross-sectional work teams and supervises technical and support personnel.
- Performs project management responsibilities independently.
- Ensures contract compliance and coordinates work of outside consultants.
- Prepares scopes of work for outside consultants.
- Performs related duties as required.
Master's Degree in Urban Planning or closely related field of study and four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in urban planning; or, a Bachelor's Degree in Urban Planning or a closely related field of study and six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in urban planning; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification or other professional certification or training indicating ongoing professional development activities in the area of urban planning is desired.
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems principles and applications is desired
Posting Date: 01/18/2017
Closing Date: 02/01/2017 (Posting is subject to close without prior notice)
Starting Salary $53,373 - $68,765 based on qualifications.
Orange County Administration Building
201 S Rosalind Ave,
Orlando, FL 32801