- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Richardson, TX
Senior Urban Designer / Project Manager
About Planning and Landscape Architecture at Halff Associates:
Tomorrow’s future begins as an idea. At Halff, we believe in the power of ideas and strive to imagine, plan, and design a future where great ideas lead to enduring places. Our focus is on cultivating the relationship between the built environment and the landscapes which surround it, the people who use it, and the prosperity it creates, not only today, but for future generations. Placemaking and character-based community planning and design is best realized when there is an interrelationship and balance between people, planet, property, and place. As planners and designers, we are stewards of each of these four pillars, as such, they form the foundation for all that we do.
At Halff you will find over 80 planners, urban designers, and landscape architects focused on building lives and communities by turning ideas into reality. The Planning and Landscape Architecture Practice is housed within an interdisciplinary planning and design firm of over 1,200 employees across 27 offices and five states.
Halff Associates Inc. is seeking to immediately hire an experienced Senior Urban Designer to join the Richardson, Texas team as a Project Manager. The ideal person for this position is someone who can thrive in a collaborative work environment with an interdisciplinary team of planners, architects, landscape architects, and other urban design experts on a wide variety of planning and urban design efforts. The Halff Richardson team is increasingly involved in a variety of exciting community enhancement projects with various public and private entities in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and across the South. The responsibilities of the Senior Urban Designer position include project management and leadership on projects such as downtown, livable center, corridor and streetscape, and other sub-area plans; transit, TOD, and first- and last-mile projects; form or character-based development codes; and architectural design guidelines. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of good urban design principles, strong verbal and visual communication skills, ability to write clearly and concisely, as well as experience with executing outreach efforts. In addition, the candidate will periodically participate in business development activities and represent the firm. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary environment to help public and private clients proactively plan and design for their future. Candidates should be enthusiastic about planning, urban design, land-use consulting, and bring a strong commitment to helping positively change the futures for the clients and communities we work with.
Qualifications of a Senior Urban Designer:
- Well organized, detail oriented, takes initiative, self-motivated, and works collaboratively with others;
- Have excellent writing, design, and oral communication skills;
- Experience with code writing, design guidelines, entitlement work, and site planning;
- Proficiently in graphic communication, including strong working knowledge of ArcGIS, ArcUrban, Adobe Suite, Sketch-Up, Rhino, Revit, and other graphic communication and media programs;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in community/urban planning, urban design, architecture, or a closely related field;
- Six to 10 years of experience in a planning capacity;
- Project management experience required;
- Demonstrated abilities in facilitating community stakeholder input and public meetings;
- Ability to travel periodically to client jurisdictions;
- AICP and/or other certifications from our allied professions (AIA, CNU-A, LEED-ND, etc.) is highly encouraged.
How to Apply:
Apply online at: https://jobapply.page.link/ZUA3V
Interested candidates who meet or exceed the above qualifications are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume, writing, and graphic samples of recent work. If collaborative work is shown, credit team members and note your role where applicable.