- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Austin, TX
The Development Services Department (DSD) assists homeowners, business owners, and contractors when they build, demolish, remodel or perform any type of construction to ensure compliance with applicable city and building codes.
DSD is seeking a Project Coordinator to join a team of four individuals whose mandate is to expedite affordable housing projects through review and permitting processes, primarily with site development permits and building permits, though inclusive of all applications and inspections from early design consultation to Certificate of Occupancy. To accomplish this, we work extensively with engineers and review staff to address project design issues, monitor projects with active applications intervening at critical points, monitor and report program metrics, and implement process improvements.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Communicates project and/or program information to internal and external customers.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of project and/or program budgets by completing assignments that may include processing a pay application or monitoring and updating the assigned project budget.
- Assists in the development of short- and long-range plans on projects or works on routine projects whereby techniques used are well known and present no unusual engineering problems.
- Assists in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures by providing input as a team member of an established process improvement team.
- Ensures compliance with City and other regulatory agency requirements and policies by verifying that regulatory/permitting processes have been identified and permits or approvals acquired for assigned project.
- Coordinates development/reviews construction or engineering related contracts, contract documents, and Developer Agreements by reviewing preparing and processing project change orders to projects if change orders are appropriate and in compliance or applying technical quality control review.
- Coordinates and evaluates plans, criteria, schedules, etc. for a variety of projects, Programs, and plans or a division and/or section activities.
- Assists in the resolution of conflicts and difficult situations by providing supporting documentation, policies and procedures.
- Develops, maintains, and improves City of Austin design and construction standards.
- Provides technical advice and assistance.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a related field, plus three (3) years of experience in construction, engineering, architecture, or related work.
- Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
- Knowledge of laws, rules, regulations, and codes associated with project assignment.
- Knowledge of the City of Austin Land Development Code and associated manuals and criteria.
- Extensive knowledge of the City of Austin development process.
- Experience interacting effectively with internal and external customers to resolve challenging, technical, and over arching customer issues.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy in all public contacts.
- Ability to schedule and coordinate activities between various parties and planning specific aspects of a project.
- Skill in using available software packages.
- Strong technical writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in oral or written format to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of the International Building Code.
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/104636