- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Austin, TX
Senior Planner (Urban Designer)
Closing: November 23, 2022
The Urban Design Team of the City of Austin Housing & Planning Department has an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Planner (Urban Designer) to work with diverse teams of talented design professionals. The ideal candidate will have experience with small and large-scale urban planning projects and a passion for finding design solutions in various urban contexts. Come help us contribute to a better built environment that is inclusive of all!
Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities
- Coordinates division/section activities with other division/sections.
- Researches information as requested and or needed. Reviews analyzed data to discover patterns and/or discrepancies.
- Assists in developing operating procedures. Assists in developing division/section budget.
- Assists in developing and evaluating plans, criteria, etc for a variety of projects, programs, and activities.
- Investigates consumer/citizen complaint to determine validity. Speaks as City representative before public groups.
- Reviews complex plats and site plans for compliance with policy codes, ordinances, standards, etc.
- Answers more complex citizen questions and provide assistance.
- Interprets/explains/enforces City policies & procedures, building/land development codes, specifications, ordinances, etc.
- Attends City Council, board, and etc meetings to provide technical advice and assistance. Coordinates activities of various boards, committees, etc.
- Writes informational reports. Writes/draft legal documents, i.e., contracts, regulations, ordinance amendments, resolutions, etc.
- Develops, utilizes, and modifies complex transportation planning models. Reviews complex traffic impact analyses.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Planning, Geography, Social Science, Landscape Architecture, or a planning related field, plus five (5) years of planning related work.
- Twelve (12) semester hours of relevant graduate college course work may substitute for six (6) months of required experience with a maximum substitution of two (2) years.
- Experience in planning-related work may substitute for education up to the maximum of four (4) years.
- Extensive knowledge of urban design and planning principles including experience collaboration with urban design and planning projects at different scales ranging from comprehensive planning to small area planning (corridor plans, neighborhood plans, design standards, station area plans, Transit Oriented Developments, etc.).
- Proven experience in collaborating with teams of design professionals.
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/103400