- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Wheaton, MD
Multimodal Transportation Planner III
Salary: $67,614.00 - $121,955.00 Annually
Are you passionate about shaping Montgomery County for the 21st century by transitioning the county’s transportation network to focus on safety and multimodal transportation? The Countywide Planning and Policy Division of the Montgomery County Planning Department is seeking a Multimodal Transportation Planner III with a background in 1) transit planning, 2) Vision Zero, and/or 3) curbside management, to join one of the nation’s premier planning agencies.
Montgomery County Planning Department is part of The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC). For over 90 years, M-NCPPC has had a national reputation for planning excellence, and today serves a culturally diverse population of over one million people on the border of Washington, D.C. in Montgomery County. We provide countywide planning functions including long range planning, as well as reviews of development applications in diverse built environments including downtown urban districts, suburban communities, and agricultural areas. We have pioneered nationally modeled programs in agricultural preservation, inclusionary housing, and transit-oriented design. To learn more about who we are and what we do, we encourage you to watch this brief video here and visit our website at www.montgomeryplanning.org.
Examples of Important Duties
- Participating in long range transit planning, including the development of transit functional plans.
- Coordinating with stakeholder agencies on transit studies and reviewing transit capital projects.
- Leading the development of a curbside management project.
- Coordinating the department’s activities, working with community stakeholders and developing collaborative partnerships to advance the County’s Vision Zero Action Plan.
- Leading Vision Zero efforts at the Planning Department, including implementing (and ultimately, updating) the department’s Vision Zero Work Plan.
- Providing input on development applications to ensure consistency with the county’s master plans, standards and best practices.
- Supporting area sector and master plans, providing a countywide transportation perspective.
- Participating in regular community meetings and events, including evenings and weekends.
Required Skill Sets
- Comprehensive technical background in multimodal transportation planning, especially transit, bicycle, pedestrian and/or curbside management planning.
- Demonstrated ability to summarize complex technical issues and analysis for presentation to residents/stakeholders as well as elected and/or appointed public officials.
- A strong interest in public engagement.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency with GIS applications and Microsoft Excel.
- Project management experience involving project scoping, management of labor and skill set allocation, and documentation and presentation of findings and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Historical Preservation, Cultural Resources Management, History, Archaeology, Anthropology, Architectural History, Architecture, Urban Planning or any related field.
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible historical preservation, cultural resource management, archaeology or closely related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted, which together total eight (8) years.
- Valid driver’s license (depending on area of assignment) in accordance with both State and Commission rules and regulations. Driver’s license must be unencumbered by restrictions, revocations, suspensions, or points that could limit the employee’s ability to drive Commission vehicles or perform driving duties required by the position of assignment.
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mncppc/jobs/3756274/multimodal-transportation-planner-iii-12039-grade-28