- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Concord, NH
Salary: $62,712.00 - $84,302.40 Annually
The City of Concord, NH is seeking a forward thinking, people oriented individual to fill the position of Senior Planner in the Planning Division. The City is in the midst of exciting changes to the zoning code and site plan regulations, in addition to anticipating a Master Plan update in the near future. This position is responsible for plan review, staffing various transportation committees, and is the liason to the Energy and Environment Advisory Committee. Writing, public speaking, plan review, and community engagement skills are highly valued, along with positive energy and a motivation for positive community change.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs development review of proposed subdivisions, site plans, and applications for architectural design and Planning Board review. Prepares written responses and discusses application with developer's team and general public. Prepares reports and makes recommendations on applications under consideration.
- Provides direction to Administrative Specialist.
- Represents the City on various boards and committees as assigned by the City Planner. Coordinates other reviews and approvals necessary for the issuance of building permits and certificates of occupancy. Inspects projects to determine compliance with Planning Board approval.
- Assists the public with inquiries related to the City's land use regulations.
- Makes presentations to the Planning Board and to other City boards and committees as directed by the City Planner.
- Works with other members of the Planning Division, as well as other divisions and departments, to prepare reports and draft amendments to the City's Subdivision Regulations, Site Plan Review Regulations, Architectural Design Review Guidelines and Master Plan. Presents draft amendments to the Planning Board, City Council, and stakeholders.
- Provides assistance to various transportation related commissions and committees, including recommendations, project support, and outreach as needed.
- Coordinates related work with other departments, private utilities, and regulatory agencies. Works on special projects as directed by the Assistant City Planner or City Planner.
- Prepares grant applications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited four-year college or university in landscape architecture, planning or a related field; and at least three years of progressively responsible related experience; or any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. A master's degree in Landscape Architecture is highly desirable.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid State Drivers License
- AICP (desirable).
- Registered Landscape Architect (desirable).
- Principles and practices of land-use planning and its relationship to transportation and zoning issues.
- Principles and practices of new urbanism, sustainability, complete streets, and multimodal corridor design
- Applicable state, federal, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Methods and techniques of research, statistical analysis, and report presentation. Multimodal transportation related guidelines, regulations, best practices, and resources Microsoft Office software.
- Geographic Information Systems
- Site design and graphic representation
- Ability to read and development plans and drawings
- Using tact, discretion, initiative, and independent judgment within established guidelines. Giving presentations and conducting public outreach efforts
- Researching, compiling, and summarizing a variety of informational and statistical data and materials.
- Organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Applying logical thinking to solve problems or accomplish tasks and to understand, interpret, and communicate complicated policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Communicating clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence, and other written materials.
How to Apply
A City Application is required. Applications may be completed online at www.concordnh.gov. For more information on applying, please call the Human Resources Department at (603) 225-8535 (voice) or TTY at 800-735-2964 or 7-1-1.
Open until filled with a weekly review of applicants.