- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Decatur, GA
Deputy Chief Operating Officer, Development
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is the County’s top elected official. The County has 43 departments with the department heads reporting to the CEO through the Chief Operating Officer (COO). Like other county governments, there is a Board of Commissioners (BOC) that comprises the legislative branch, a court system that is the judicial branch, and other elected officials and constitutional officers.
The County’s approved 2022 Tax Fund Budget is approximately $766 million, with a total annual budget of $1.54 billion, not including capital appropriations. The principal sources of the general fund budget are property and sales taxes.
Imagine yourself in this role:
The ideal candidate to join CEO Michael Thurmond's team will be a visionary leader with a strong background in urban planning and sustainability and experience in the following:
- Creating & implementing a comprehensive development plan for a growing metropolitan area that supports the delivery of housing growth, climate change, sustainable economic development, and protection & enhancement of the natural environment.
- Revitalizing & restoring neglected or underdeveloped metropolitan areas; proven successful & sustained beautification efforts; and managing or understanding permitting & zoning processes.
- Planning & budgeting to maximize resources & creating technological efficiencies that will benefit the County & create ease of use for constituents.
- Working effectively with County officials, community leaders, & constituents to foster transparency and harmonious interactions calling for timely responsiveness with strong emphasis on results.
- Demonstrating strong administrative leadership that includes staff motivation, change management, and continuous improvement.
- Seeing the "big picture" as well as conceiving and developing detailed innovative and imaginative solutions to complex problems.
Are you the one?
We are looking for a dynamic leader with a passion for results. The Deputy Chief Operating Officer must be a skillful, credible, emotionally intelligent leader, and a competent, effective, and experienced manager. The successful candidate will possess an educational and professional background that prepares them to lead a strictly regulated government agency and to work effectively under the guidance of executive leadership. Professional judgment, excellent communication skills, technological savvy, and the ability to cultivate a positive workplace climate are essential.
To be minimally qualified, you must have a Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field required with fifteen years of progressively responsible experience in public or business administration, with a minimum of five years of experience at the department head level in a large metropolitan government or comparable corporate environment. Preferred candidates will also have a relevant master’s degree and strong experience in urban planning or related field.
How to Apply
Take the best next step – APPLY NOW! Submit your resume to: email@example.com
For additional information or questions, contact Naima Abdur-Rashid, Human Resource Generalist, directly with questions or if you’d like more information: 470-677-0034