- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Portland, OR or Oakland, CA
Urban Designer/Planner Jr. Job Captain
What you'll do:
You will work collaboratively with firm Principals and senior staff on fast-paced private development projects, sharing in the creative design process. Your input, experience, and knowledge will bring value to projects where your responsibilities will include design support, testing and exploration, generating presentations and supporting graphic collateral, and mentoring less experienced staff.
Why is this role important?
Urban Design and Planning is an intentionally interdisciplinary studio within SERA, that interacts with architects, landscape architects, urban designers, planners and engineers within the firm. By bringing interdisciplinary skills together throughout the design stages, we plan, design, and build vibrant places for our private sector clients, while always keeping a focus on the greater community good. The perfect candidate has an interest and affinity with interdisciplinary design processes, and a proven ability to take ideas to realization with the mindset of best practices in urbanism.
SERA is a firm of learners, eager to advance the resilient and equitable outcomes we want to see for our communities and the planet. Our 100% employee-owned firm promotes a collaborative environment where every staff member’s unique strengths and contributions are valued. Sustainability, urbanism, and community-building are intrinsic to the ways we think and work. We’re not afraid of the gnarly problems that come with this territory; in fact, some of our favorite workdays wrap up around the kegerator passionately hashing out the next, better idea.
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor or Master’s degree in planning, urban design, architecture, or landscape architecture.
- Generally has 3-5 years of industry experience in a planning or design office.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, 3D modeling programs, and MS Office Suite required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to prepare site and district plans and 3D digital models (Rhino and/or Revit preferred).
- Experience with Google Workplace Suite preferred.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to determine the right tool for the task.
- Ability to prioritize multiple important tasks.
- Ability to create high-quality graphics, maps, diagrams, renderings, and/or sketches.
- Critical thinking skills to identify strengths, weaknesses, or alternate solutions to a problem with supervision.
- Hand sketching skills preferred.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please see our careers page: We're Hiring! Careers at SERA Architects (seradesign.com)