- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Austin, TX
This Project Coordinator position will be a key role in assisting, coordinating, monitoring and implementing projects and initiatives within the place-based economic development team. The position will provide both support and leadership in planning short and long term initiatives, managing contracts with consultants and contractors, and coordinating project components, programs, and policies. Additionally, the Project Coordinator will provide support with stakeholder engagement.
Why is the position important?
The Project Coordinator will be a liaison for the place-based economic development team to staff within the Economic Development Department as well as with employees from other City Departments with the goal of finding consensus and developing relationships to support the work of the place-based economic development team. This work will focus on unique areas of Austin including Public Improvement Districts, corridors, and commercial areas including identifying and creating new districts.
Who is the Redevelopment Division?
The Redevelopment Division supports and creates places that make Austin special. The Redevelopment Division provides significant social and economic value to the City of Austin through a variety of redevelopment and place-base initiatives that focus on catalytic investment to further the community goals as set out in Imagine Austin Comprehensive Plan and the City of Austin 2023 Strategic Direction. The place-based economic development team fosters merchant association formation, district strategy development, and project implementation through tools that take into consideration three core components: Community Organizing through education and outreach, Enhancing Place through consensus building and district strategies, and Economic Growth by promoting a socially and economically healthy Austin through programs, projects, and policies that support business development.
Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate project and/or program information to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to support development of short/long range plans on projects with the team lead and to lead certain components as assigned
- Experience with interpreting and implementing regulatory environments such as municipal codes, specific regulating districts, overlay districts, and others.
- Experience in the coordination of contracts, development agreements, invoicing, etc. and contract principles and methods
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Knowledge of basic engineering and architectural design principles, practices, procedures, and estimating techniques
- Knowledge of budget policies and principles
- Skill in adapting, interpreting and applying guidelines and standards
- Skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to schedule and coordinate activities between various parties and planning specific aspects of a project
- Ability to communicate orally, graphically and through written form to a variety of audiences
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a related field, plus three (3) years of experience in construction, engineering, architecture, or related work. (Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years).
How to Apply
Please visit the City of Austin Job Posting for specific application requirements and a full list of preferred qualifications; duties functions and responsibilities; and knowledge, skills, and abilities.