- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Wheaton, MD
Planner II (Term-Contract)
Salary: $56,769.00 - $100,538.00 Annually
Are you passionate about shaping Montgomery County for the 21st century by having a broad impact on the built environment while advocating for Design Excellence? If so, the Montgomery County Planning Department is where you want to be! We are currently seeking a Planner II with an Urban Design/Architecture background who is interested in Urban Design, Design Guidelines, and Community Planning. This position is a 6-month contract. Flexible work hours are available up to 37.5 hours a week.
Examples of Important Duties
- Assisting with the creation of the Silver Spring Downtown and Adjacent Communities Plan Design Guidelines and the editing of the Silver Spring Streetscape Standards.
- Editing maps and other graphics for the final Silver Spring Downtown and Adjacent Communities Plan
- Supporting community engagement for the revisions to the Streetscape Standards and Design Guidelines
- Assisting with other Silver Spring plan tasks as needed
- Assisting with other DownCounty efforts as needed
- Participating in DownCounty group meetings and events
Helpful Skills and Software Proficiency
Strong graphic and basic 3D modeling skills, a team player who enjoys collaborating with others, responds well to feedback, and guidance from colleagues; proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Sketchup, GIS, MS Office Suite (Word, PPT, Excel).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Geography, Architecture, Parks and Recreation, Transportation, Urban Design, Engineering, Environmental Science, Public Policy, Economics or any related field.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible professional level planning experience or specific area of assignment such as transportation planning, environmental planning or urban planning.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted, which together total six (6) years.
- Valid driver's license (depending on area of assignment) in accordance with both State and Commission rules and regulations. Driver’s license must be unencumbered by restrictions, revocations, suspensions, or points that could limit the employee’s ability to drive Commission vehicles or perform driving duties required by the position of assignment.
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mncppc/jobs/3499144/planner-ii-term-contract-14983-grade-24?department%5b0%5d=MC%20Planning&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs