- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Asheville, NC
Graphic Presentation Designer
We love conceptual thinkers, clever visualizers and designers who are comfortable helping others communicate their best. We are looking for a Graphic Presentation Designer to join our team and put their skills to work making stunning visual presentations.
You'll be working with our mission-driven staff to help move audiences in communities across the US, both physical and virtual. You’ll be part of uncovering insight, advancing innovation, and communicating in the fields of racial equity, economics, tax policy, urban planning, and city design.
You’ll dissect complex concepts, digest information, solve visual challenges, and design compelling visuals for messages that will reach thousands of people each year. You’ll work on projects that provide valuable information to policy makers across the country, move people to action, and influence change on the ground in cities big and small.
You’ll use Keynote to create engaging presentations that expertly tell our client community’s stories. You will also take the presentations and convert them into final client deliverables. A candidate might fit in at Urban3 if they have strong initiative, an open mind, love donuts and urbanism, and want to be part of the mission to democratize data and elevate civic discourse for everyone.
- Develops and executes Keynote designs and templates
- Develops templates for graphic pitches to clients
- Collaborates with internal project teams to understand project assignment, audience, and intended message
- Completes storyboards with analysts to easily and effectively convey concepts
- Creates original visual media that communicates the desired feeling or message in an engaging and unified way
- Conceptualizes complex content into simple visual structures.
- Excels in information display and uses advanced conceptual skills to create innovative graphics
- Understands storytelling principles and uses them to build a visual narrative
- Revises projects as necessary based on collaborative and open feedback process
- Converts final presentations into client deliverables using Adobe Creative Suite and other tools
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience in a graphic design related field, with strong emphasis on presentation design
- Expert knowledge of Keynote
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite with skills in visual design, color theory, and typography
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively with a team
- Strong attention to detail, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to switch between tasks and manage multiple projects and clients while being open to receiving feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to create cutting-edge, original design solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in urban design, urban planning, landscape architecture or architecture is a plus
Bachelor of Arts degree in graphic design or related field; or equivalent professional experience
Urban3 is an economics and data visualization consulting firm located in Asheville, NC. Urban3 views the world through a lens of information equity. With each project, they aim to inspire communities to think differently about development, land use, and public policy. Their work helps demystify the complexities of tax codes, government jargon, and municipal finance data, allowing people to clearly understand the economic impact of land development through data-driven storytelling. Learn more about Urban3 at urbanthree.com.
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://forms.gle/a31XfaSg15S4G4rW9 Hybrid/remote will be considered for the right candidate, but ideally you will live in or relocate to Asheville, NC.