- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Providence, RI and/or Philadelphia, PA
Director of Marketing, Storytelling, and Champion of our Mission
Union Studio is a mission-driven architecture and urban design firm who uses the power of design to enrich lives and strengthen communities. Our work aims to make a sustainable, civic contribution to places across the country at a variety of scales, putting the people and communities we serve at the forefront of all we do. We value camaraderie, humor, and a variety of perspectives and believe that everyone at Union Studio contributes to our success.
Our office culture includes in-house knowledge building, design discussions, social outings, advocacy, and a mentorship program that encourages growth at all career stages. We have a flexible work policy and have recently moved into our new office in the historic Wit building in downtown Providence, and our Philadelphia satellite office is located in the historic Hale building in Center City.
Union Studio is looking for a forward-thinking colleague to join us who is ready to take the reins of the marketing and communications vision for an increasingly diverse office of leaders and designers. With growing offices in both Providence and Philadelphia and a new brand and website poised for launch, there is much to share and celebrate as we look to the future.
As the Director of Marketing, you will work directly with firm leaders to establish and guide the strategic marketing that supports our business development and client and community outreach goals. You will create and lead a mission-focused content plan for our communication channels and be responsible for implementing regular updates that celebrate our work, thought leadership, and impact. In addition, you will collaborate with a marketing support team and project leaders to develop proposals and collateral to reach new clients.
- Develop a deep familiarity with the firm’s mission, portfolio of work, areas of expertise, and aspirations
- Establish a strategic marketing and communications plan with clear goals that reinforce our core values, build on our aspirations, and empower all team members to be involved
- Run marketing and business development meetings with senior leaders to review leads, set targets, and provide progress updates
- Conceptualize and direct the development of marketing and communications content focused on our areas of expertise, influence, and built work, including project photography, video content, and writing and designing new marketing collateral
- Maintain consistency of marketing deliverables and alignment with the firm’s brand and mission
- Work with senior leadership to conduct market research to identify and advance new opportunities and build relationships with prospective clients
- Support senior leaders and project managers with client outreach and proposals
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and execute marketing-related projects and strategic initiatives
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills and clear graphic design sensibility
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects with both long and short-term deadlines
- Fluent in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Suite. Familiar with other Adobe Creative Suite software (Illustrator, Premier Pro)
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, writing samples, and examples of marketing collateral to email@example.com.