- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Fairport, NY
The Village of Fairport is seeking a dynamic, energetic and team oriented individual to be our next Planner. The successful applicant will be a forward-thinking planner tasked with developing plans that plot out the best use of land and geographic resources in our community. The Village Planner will be responsible for planning resource-efficient urban infrastructure that will be long-lasting and sustainable. The Village recently completed an update to our Comprehensive Plan. Our next planner will assist in adopting the recommendations set forth in this plan to include a comprehensive review and rewrite of our Zoning Code, implementation of a Form Based Code process as well as working closely with applicants and developers conducting business in our community.
The Village of Fairport is a progressive community that is experiencing significant growth and investment. There is a strong demand for residing in Fairport and even stronger demand by developers to conduct a project or operate a business within our corporation limits. Fairport is one of the flagship Erie Canal communities in NYS and we are continually investing in our infrastructure and offerings to meet the demands and desires of residents, visitors, and developers alike.
- Planning the design and construction of new urban infrastructures.
- Assisting in the management of a city’s current infrastructure and urban resources.
- Designing and adapting Village plans for population growth and development.
- Keeping our community and organization informed of Village planning developments.
- Recommending the most suitable placement of various urban infrastructures, such as housing, businesses, parks, etc.
- Assisting in the drafting of legislation and code pertaining to land use and development.
- Ensuring the environment is protected throughout the planning and urban development process.
- Suggesting and implementing zoning regulations for private properties within our community.
- Using computer software applications to assist the planning process, including mapping land areas, forecasting planning and development costs, and predicting trends, such as population growth.
- Holding public meetings with government officials, land developers, lawyers, special interest groups, and the general public to address issues regarding urban land use and development.
- A key member of our management team who will participate and contribute to all facets of Village operations and management.
- Bachelor’s degree, at a minimum, in urban or regional planning, environmental planning, urban design, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of four years direct experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience as determined by the Village of Fairport.
- Previous experience working as a planner.
- Certification with The American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP), preferred.
- Member of the American Planning Association (APA), preferred.
- Superb project management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with using various types of software and technologies.
- Ability to work independently and results oriented.
- Ability to generate high-quality graphics, diagrams, maps, sketches, reports, and recommendations.
- Detailed knowledge of the principles behind new urbanism, transit-oriented development, and complete street design.
How to Apply
All interested parties shall immediately submit a cover letter and resume to Village Manager, Bryan L. White at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position remains open until filled.
Please direct all questions to the Village Manager. You may contact him at 585-421-3201 should you require additional information or would like to discuss the position further. On behalf of the Village of Fairport, we look forward to you joining our team.