- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Austin, TX
Project Coordinator (Urban Trails Program)
Salary: $28.15 – $36.59/hour
This position supports the City of Austin Public Works Department, Urban Trails Program by assisting with implementation of trail projects consistent with the Urban Trails Plan. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for keeping projects on schedule and on budget. This will require an understanding of trail projects, working closely with Project Managers, Design Consultants, and Inspectors as well as coordinating with multiple departments within the City of Austin and partner agencies.
Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities
- Communicates project and/or program information to internal and external customers.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of project and/or program budgets by completing assignments that may include processing a pay application or monitoring and updating the assigned project budget.
- Assists in the development of short- and long-range plans on projects or works on routine projects whereby techniques used are well known and present no unusual engineering problems.
- Assists in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures by providing input as a team member of an established process improvement team.
- Ensures compliance with City and other regulatory agency requirements and policies by verifying that regulatory/permitting processes have been identified and permits or approvals acquired for assigned project.
- Coordinates development/reviews construction or engineering related contracts, contract documents, and Developer Agreements by reviewing preparing and processing project change orders to projects if change orders are appropriate and in compliance or applying technical quality control review.
- Coordinates and evaluates plans, criteria, schedules, etc. for a variety of projects, Programs, and plans or a division and/or section activities.
- Assists in the resolution of conflicts and difficult situations by providing supporting documentation, policies and procedures.
- Develops, maintains, and improves City of Austin design and construction standards.
- Provides technical advice and assistance.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a related field, plus three (3) years of experience in construction, engineering, architecture, or related work.
- Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
- Experience working with engineering plans, details, and specifications.
- Experience coordinating with a variety of stakeholders, including members of the public and other city departments, for successful implementation of projects.
- Experience with municipal processes for project implementation.
- Experience in design and implementation of capital improvement projects.
- Experience conducting field investigations. Experience with ArcGIS.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/94619