- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Miami, FL or Remote
Senior Zoning Analyst / Urban Planner
At Gridics, our technology, products, data and people are helping build better cities. To achieve this, we developed the ability to determine the development allowance for every parcel of a municipality according to their legal zoning ordinance. In doing so, our technology establishes the first ever zoning parcel record dataset, giving municipal staff, developers, investors and architects real-time access to parcel specific development allowance calculations and data.
About the Role
The Senior Zoning Analyst / Urban Planner will be responsible for interpreting zoning codes and related regulations, for ideal calibration of Gridics’ patented zoning engine, to enable parcel level data calculations. The Senior Zoning Analyst will work closely with colleagues in multiple departments, as well as co-lead client facing implementation processes with the Senior Project Manager.
The ideal candidate will have an architectural background with extensive experience in urban planning and/or urban design in the private or public sector and experience interpreting and navigating zoning codes.
- Read and interpret zoning codes to identify essential metrics to be input in Gridics’ proprietary zoning engine.
- Input key metrics for parcel level data calculation into Gridics’ zoning engine.
- Follow defined calibration procedures with an eye for opportunities for process improvement and automation of repetitive tasks.
- Perform extensive QA of all technical implementation efforts.
- Develop a deep understanding of Gridics backend architecture and databases as they relate to available calibration elements.
- Collaborate with colleagues across departments, including sales, project management, GIS, and engineering.
- Serve as the main technical resource for municipal clients.
- Consult with clients on ideal interpretation of their zoning elements.
- Guide clients in the ideal representation of their zoning code and zoning map in the Gridics platform both for internal and public use.
- Perform municipal user training as needed.
- Support ongoing maintenance of municipal partner instances.
- Deliver all assigned tasks on time and be accountable to your team and stakeholders.
- Track and record work time against multiple projects in Jira.
- Have 8+ years of experience in urban planning and/or urban design in the private or public sectors.
- Keen eye for detail and ability to outline conditional elements as related to zoning regulations.
- Comfortable interfacing with clients.
- Degree from an accredited Architecture and Urban Planning program with coursework in some (or similar) to:
- Urban Design Studio ○ Real Estate and Urbanism program
- Professional Practice Architecture
- Urban and Suburban town design
- Experience developing zoning feasibility studies
- Experience with zoning regulations of other countries or in metric units
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
How to Apply
The link https://gridics-llc.breezy.hr/p/9b55383a1595 will provide all of the instructions to apply.