- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Salary: $79,500 - $83,622
Closing: Friday, January 14, 2022
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest-growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 918,915 residents. The City is a leader in historic preservation and urban design in the State of Texas. With 14 historic districts and over 7,000 individually designated properties, Fort Worth has one of the largest collections of historically designated properties in the State of Texas.
Staff administers 24 form-based and historic districts which have received regional and national awards. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability
Senior Planner – Historic Preservation and Urban Design job responsibilities include:
- Administer the Urban Design Commission.
- Assist with administration of the Downtown Design Review Board. Assist with administration of the Historic and Cultural Landmarks Commission.
- Communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
- Create and re-write historic district standards and guidelines.
- Prepare ordinance amendments for design districts. Interpret and explain City planning and design policies and procedures.
- Prepare clear and concise reports and summarize complex subject matter.
- Present design cases at board and commission meetings.
- Work closely with customers to navigate city regulations.
- Review construction drawings, including architectural, electrical, mechanical, landscape, and detail/specification sheets.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, City/Urban Planning, Urban Design, or Historic Preservation.
- Five (5) years of experience in Urban Design or Historic Preservation.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Architecture, Historic Preservation, Landscape Architecture, City/Urban Planning, Urban Design.
- Seven (7) years of experience in Architecture, City/Urban Planning, Historic Preservation, Landscape Architecture, and/or Urban Design.
- Experience preparing and presenting at a design-based board or commission.
- Experience reviewing development plans and facilitating projects.
- Experience working directly with developers and the community.
- Experience using Accela permitting system.
- Experience developing and facilitating ordinance amendments.
- Understanding of challenges to urban infill projects.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills.
- Demonstrated executive decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of the following: Adobe Creative Suite and GIS.
- Congress of the New Urbanism (CNU) accreditation.
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://boards.greenhouse.io/cityoffortworth/jobs/4870800003?gh_jid=4870800003