- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
We are hiring! Immerse yourself in the issues around urban design, planning, and architecture in today’s development context. UDA is a multi-disciplined urban design and architecture practice based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and we are seeking an accomplished, professional urban designer with 5-10 years of experience to join us as a team leader. Your primary role will be to manage projects, oversee the development of design ideas, and direct your team’s daily operations in a highly collaborative studio environment.
If You Are
- Passionate about understanding and making great places.
- Excited about traveling nationally/internationally to work on a diverse range of projects.
- Interested in listening to and engaging personally with clients and stakeholders.
- An experienced designer.
At UDA You Will Be A
- Oversee the development and execution of design ideas
- Supervise and assist with the final production of deliverables
- Manage contracts, track project budgets, and organize schedules
- Review and prepare project invoices and cover letters
- Lead the project team and mentor junior staff
- Promote teamwork, collaboration, and communication
- Effectively communicate with clients and stakeholders
- Seek out leadership roles and speaking opportunities in professional organizations
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in urban design, city planning, landscape architecture, or architecture.
- 5-10 years of professional experience in architecture, urban design, or planning.
- Architectural registration (AIA), and/or American Institute of Certified Planners certification (AICP), LEED AP or GA are ideal.
- A portfolio that demonstrates compelling design and hand drawing skills across a variety of project scales.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communications skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, AutoCAD, and GIS.
What We Offer
UDA provides an opportunity for personal and professional growth by working on high-profile, innovative projects on an international stage. Salary is commensurate with experience, excellent medical benefits, short and long-term disability, life insurance, vacation, holiday and sick leave, and a culture that seeks and values diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have skills, experience, or qualifications other than those listed above that may be of interest to us, please describe them in your cover letter or resume. UDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified workforce.