- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: El Paso, TX
Salary: $79,967.54 - $136,744.50 Annually
Under general direction, manage, supervise, plan and implement the activities of the City of El Paso's Redevelopment program.
- Develop and maintain a long term, effective plan for a systematic redevelopment strategy; identify transect based redevelopment areas.
- Develop City of El Paso redevelopment policy.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and administer residential, commercial and industrial redevelopment projects, particularly as tied to the availability of mass transit.
- Develop implementation schedules.
- Coordinate with land acquisition staff and adhere to required local, state or federal laws, policies and procedures required to implement redevelopment programs.
- Oversee the evaluation of project economics, community needs and land use in developing recommendations for types of development appropriate for redevelopment project areas.
- Coordinate the selection of consultants and oversee studies and related outcomes.
- Develop financing scenarios and project costs for redevelopment projects in coordination with City departments.
- Supervise, train and evaluate professional and technical subordinates.
- Research complex redevelopment problems.
- Oversees the preparation of a variety of site plan designs and make recommendation.
- Review and make recommendations on technical reports and studies.
- Coordinate redevelopment activities with other City departments, outside agencies, merchant organizations, neighborhoods and developers.
- Represent City of El Paso at public meetings, citizen committee meetings and others.
- Assist in preparing and administering the department and agency-operating budget.
- Meet with and advise developers, community and merchant groups regarding redevelopment programs and projects; explain redevelopment policies, practices and regulations.
- Remain abreast of changes in local, state or federal, laws or regulations concerning and affecting department operations.
- Oversee assigned land acquisition projects and sales.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience: A Bachelor's degree in planning, business or public administration, economics, finance or related field and five (5) years of professional experience in development, planning, and local government redevelopment program, including two (2) years of supervisory or lead experience.
- Licenses and Certificates: Texas Class "C" Drivers License or equivalent from another state.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/elpaso/jobs/3324348/redevelopment-manager