- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Clearwater, FL
Lead Engineering Specialist
Salary: $63,303.76 - $69,634.14
Under limited direction, the Lead Engineering Specialist performs advanced level technical and specialized engineering work for the design, construction, protection, and maintenance of the City infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as project engineer on difficult and complicated engineering projects; performs technical civil engineering tasks in the field and office or reviews construction plans for compliance with City codes and proper engineering design.
- Checks, evaluates, and reviews plans and specifications submitted by private engineering consultants and confers with and advises contractors, owners, and architects relative to the interpretation and application of City codes, standards and specifications.
- Provides various engineering advice in regard to proposals made, specifications and standards set forth, and soundness of design, theory, and construction practice.
- Performs and conducts inspections in the field, observes operations, and determines quality of work in compliance with City Codes.
- Designs, develops, and details or reviews working drawings of general or specialized public work structures or components of structures.
- Conducts, coordinates, and participates in various public informational meetings for proposed projects; interacts and engages with citizens to resolve problems, conflicts, and provide for public improvements.
- Assists and participates in the formulation of engineering standards and specifications and office policy; works as a highly skilled project engineer and manager for several public works projects; oversees and supervises all activities from inception to completion.
- Supervises, trains, and monitors the quality of work for engineering and review staff; fosters compliance with regulations and provides ongoing support.
- Manages, monitors, and supervises engineering consultant contracts as needed; provides feedback and general information regarding contract status and details.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses, Certifications, and Equipment:
- A valid State driver's license is required.
- Certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT) Preferred
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) Preferred
- This position is required to operate the below equipment, machines, tools, and other work aides: fax, copier, radio, phone, computer, vehicles, and other equipment as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Transportation Engineering, or a related engineering egress an four (4) years of engineering related experience; OR three (3) years of engineering related experience and certification as an Engineer Intern; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
How to Apply
Applications may be filed online at http://www.myclearwater.com