- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Seabrook, WA
Technical Assistant to Director of Town Planning
Salary: $45,000-$60,000 DOQ
We are looking for a Technical Assistant to our Director of Town Planning to fulfill our dream of creating one of the most beautiful beach towns in America. We’ve been building an award-winning new urbanist community for 17 years on Washington’s scenic “Hidden Coast” just 2.5 hours west of Seattle and as the southern gateway to Olympic National Park (a World Heritage Site).
We’ve reached an exciting level of maturity that allows us to move faster and think bigger. To do this, we need more help. Our TA will play a key role in facilitating the building & planning of our unique town using accrued design and construction experiences. Key duties will include assisting Director of Town planning with day to day tasks including administrative duties outlined here:
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaboratively work with our Construction and Sales Teams on house plan production and library management including use of our LOTS Master Folder organizational system
- Partner with our Marketing team to develop materials that help translate our technical vision into something truly compelling for our customers
- Engage with our homeowners and other respective stakeholders on designs and other aesthetic-related decisions guided by the Seabrook Design Code and Design Review Board
- Participate in Design Code updates, creation & design charrette organization
- Spreadsheet management & house plan production to include tracking & markup reviews from concept to construction completion (design, marketing, sales, construction)
- Assist Director of Town Planning with construction permit packages, paperwork processing, scanning, file management & organization
- Produce or assist with house and park landscape design document creation
- Assist Town Planner in conducting research, gathering data, and supporting project work
- Co-manage Annual Exterior Color List, samples, specifications, standard & upgrade lists
- Management of Seabrook Master Address List & overall town mapping
- Merging of Sales & Construction computer servers w/ LOTS master folder
- Work closely w/ specialized consultants in the fields of: urban planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, environmental planning, as well as those in state, regional and local agencies
- Assist with calendars & meeting schedules for Director of Town Planning as needed
- Development & product resource planning
- Signage design, review, implementation
- As-built construction studies & analysis
- Maintain a high-degree of confidentiality
- Supervision Received: Performs work independently under the general supervision of Town Planner. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work without direct supervision whenever required but will include consulting with Town Planner when clarification or interpretation of procedures, tasks, or policy are met to meet the demand of the company.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Consultants in the fields of urban planning, civil engineering, architecture, landscape design, environmental planning, as well as those in local, state, & regional agencies as needed.
- Education & Experience:
- Education: College (technical or 4 yr. degree recommended)
- Experience: Design & Construction
- Skills & Abilities (required):
- Language Skills: Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in English as the operational language of the company. Be able to communicate effectively with a varied population, including individuals from diverse ethnic, racial, cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Highly organized and task oriented with ability to work under pressure
- PC Environment w/ MS Office System Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Design & Construction Experience:
- Builder – House plan production knowledge & understanding
- Garden & landscape design | Native plant design
- Hand-drafting capabilities
- AutoCAD | Bluebeam drafting capabilities
- PageMaker | Illustrator | Sketch Up | Photoshop
- Work is mostly performed in office conditions; some fieldwork is required to perform site visits and on- site inspections & site analysis; the employee is required to attend weekly team meetings.
- The employee operates standard office equipment and personal automobile.
- The employee has regular contact with resort town departments which include but are not limited to: Sales, Marketing, Construction, Maintenance, Homeowner Board Representatives, Finance Departments.
- Supports the goals of the Town Planner through creative problem solving, decision making and a commitment to customer service. Performs similar or related work as required, or as situation dictates.
- Ability to smoothly and rapidly shift between dissimilar tasks; react quickly and calmly to emergencies; make effective decisions while in stressful situations and circumstances.
- Strong customer service, time management, and prioritization skills. Able to prioritize and act with a sense of urgency.
- Optimistic/positive attitude and approach to problem solving.
How to Apply
Submit resume to Seabrook HR Department (firstname.lastname@example.org). See the posting online at https://seabrookwa.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=94&source=seabrookwa