- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Sr. Planner - Preservation and Urban Design
Salary: $62,451 - $81,187
Closing: October 19, 2021
A Sr. Planner job is available with the City of Fort Worth Development Services Department. The City is a leader in historic preservation and urban design in the State of Texas. With 14 historic districts and over 7,000 individually designated properties, Fort Worth has one of the largest collections of historically designated properties in the State of Texas. A staff of five (5) administers 24 form based and historic district which have been recognized at the regional and national level. As central city development continues to grow, so will the demand for additional design districts.
- Administer the Urban Design Commission.
- Assist with administration of the City’s Historic Preservation program.
- Assist with administration of the Downtown Design Review Board.
- Assist with administration of the Historic and Cultural Landmarks Commission.
- Communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
- Create and re-write historic district standards and guidelines.
- Interpret and explain City planning and design policies and procedures.
- Prepare clear and concise reports and summarize complex subject matter.
- Present design cases at board and commission meeting.
- Review construction drawings, including architectural, electrical, mechanical, landscape and detail/specification sheets.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Historic Preservation, Landscape Architecture, City/Urban Planning, or Urban Design.
- Five (5) year of experience in historic preservation or urban design.
- Experience preparing and presenting at a design-based board or commission.
- Experience reviewing development plans and facilitating projects.
- Experience working with developers.
- Understanding of challenges to urban infill projects.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills.
- Adobe Create Suite skills.
- Good executive decision making skills.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://boards.greenhouse.io/cityoffortworth/jobs/4747453003?gh_jid=4747453003