- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Denver, CO
Associate City Planner - Urban Design
Salary: $61,263.00 - $101,084.00
Closing: October 20, 2021
The City and County of Denver’s Community Planning and Development Department (CPD) is seeking a highly motivated and creative individual to fill a full-time Associate City Planner – Urban Design position on our Planning Services Division’s Regulatory Planning team.
At Community Planning and Development, we envision, enable, and ensure a better Denver. Denver's Community Planning and Development Department is responsible for visionary city planning and ensuring that all buildings are safe. Community Planning and Development plays a role in growing our world-class city, while keeping its beloved features intact. From the skyscrapers of the Central Business District; to the walkable, mixed-use neighborhoods of Central Park; to the charming Victorian effects of the Baker district, the staff at Community Planning and Development works to make Denver a great place to live, work and play. The department's three primary functions are planning, permitting and inspections. Learn more about how we're "BUILDING COMMUNITY" at www.DenverGov.org/CPD .
In this position you will have the opportunity to participate on interdisciplinary teams for a variety of exciting and complex planning, regulatory and urban design projects. The Associate City Planner – Urban Design will contribute design review, urban design, and graphic design support to the Planning Services work program.
- Utilizing computer graphic software to create illustrations for plans, zoning code amendments, design standards and guidelines, presentations, work sessions, and other deliverables
- Testing proposed zoning and design regulations through 3D modeling and analysis
- Researching and analyzing to support Denver Zoning Code text amendments, design standards and guidelines, and long-range plans
- Drafting plan recommendations, zoning, and other regulatory language
- Reviewing, examining, and interpreting applications for compliance with applicable codes, policies, and standards
- Collecting and analyzing socioeconomic, land use, transportation, and demographic data for planning and regulatory projects
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Advanced experience with SketchUp and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with zoning codes and other regulatory tools, such as urban design standards and guidelines
- Ability to thrive in a team-based culture, with experience supporting interdisciplinary teams
- Commitment to integrating equity into planning and design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized
- Proficient in the Spanish language preferred - Speaking, reading, and writing
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in City or Regional Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Historic Preservation, Engineering, or a related field
- Experience: Three (3) years of professional planning experience
- Licensures/Certification(s): None
- Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, you must include the following on your job application:
- Cover Letter
- Please submit three work samples that demonstrate your urban design and graphic skills. At least one of the samples must highlight your experience using 3D modeling software such as SketchUp.
Apply online at: https://denver.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CCD-denver-denvergov-CSC_Jobs-Civil_service_jobs-Police_Jobs-Fire_Jobs/job/Downtown-Denver/Associate-City-Planner---Urban-Design---Community-Planning-and-Development_R0038960