- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Salary: $74,609 - $96,991
Closing: Thursday, October 28, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Transportation Manager job is available with The City of Fort Worth Transportation and Public Works Department within its Regional Transportation & Innovation Division. The TPW Transportation Planning Manager, will be responsible for management and administration of land use/transportation coordination studies, pedestrian/bicycle, complete streets, arterial, transit, and other multimodal transportation planning and project development activities.
- Extensive knowledge of transportation, land use, regional planning, policy, funding, design standards, emerging trends, and implementation processes;
- Manage the funding, design, and construction of multi-modal transportation infrastructure projects; including ability to develop funding applications/proposals, detailed scopes of work, direct and manage consultant contracts, procurement, project delivery, and financial obligations;
- Knowledge of legal constraints, federal and state requirements, development trends, land use, capital project development components and funding, basic understanding of traffic engineering principles and traffic modeling;
- Advise City staff, City Council, public, and external stakeholders on transportation planning policy issues such as the land use coordination, multi-modal transportation, environmental process, safety, and equity initiatives using data- driven and inclusive approaches;
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among competing interests on politically sensitive roadway, transit, pedestrian, and bicycle projects or alignments while working with property owners, adjacent jurisdictions, the MPO, TxDOT, senior staff, the public, and City Council;
- Skills in managing people and projects; excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated decision making skills and ability to be flexible and transparent;
- Task oriented and demonstrated ability to work autonomously.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in planning, civil engineering or a related field
- Five (5) years of experience in planning, engineering, highway or street construction, maintenance and operational activities
- Two (2) years of administrative and supervisory experience
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in planning or a related field
- Professional Engineer (P.E), American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP), and/or Congress of New Urbanism credentials
- Proficient in use and application in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access).
How to Apply
Please submit a resume at: https://grnh.se/fd8b7cbb3us