- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Sr. Planner - Urban Forestry Officer
Salary: $62,451 - $81,187
Closing: Friday, October 15, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Planner - Urban Forestry Officer job is available with the City of Fort Worth Development Services Department. This position is reviews, plans or updates Ordinance/s, issues permits, and inspects landscaping in the field, ensuring compliance with the City of Fort Worth’s Zoning and Urban Forestry Ordinances.
- Verify that all city urban forestry and tree mitigation requirements are met.
- Work with commercial property owners, developers and design professionals to identify existing tree species onsite and maximize preservation of the urban forest.
- Retain detailed records of all site visits, including periodic reporting to managers and/or department executives.
- Coordinate urban forestry activities with other divisions, departments, outside agencies and organizations.
- Monitor and evaluate urban forestry programs, methods and procedures.
- Provide information to citizens concerning urban forestry; provide community outreach and developing presentations for neighborhood associations, organizations and clubs.
- Work with landscape architects, developers and citizens to maximize the city’s urban forest.
- Assist with tree-related contracts and agreements.
- On-site inspections may represent about 20% of the weekly workload, or as needed.
- Present urban forestry cases to the Urban Design Commission and assist Zoning Commission staff as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Planning, Urban Planning, Forestry, Landscape Architecture, Horticulture or a related field.
- Five (5) years’ experience in planning, urban design, urban forestry, park supervision, landscape installation or related field.
- Arborist certification issued through the International Society of Arboriculture is preferred or must be obtained within one year of employment.
- Experience in facilitating and reviewing urban forestry ordinances.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills.
- ArcGIS and Adobe Creative Suite skills.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://boards.greenhouse.io/cityoffortworth/jobs/4721484003?gh_jid=4721484003