- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Taylor, TX
Salary: $51,094 - $60,111
The Planner position provides case management for a wide range of planning applications including subdivision plats, zoning, comprehensive plan amendments, variances, site development plans and other related permits. The Planner performs research and analysis of applicable local, state, and federal ordinance and laws relevant to assigned cases and writes reports and makes presentations of cases to elected and appointed officials. The Planner also provides customer service to a variety of customers including residents of the City, property owners, developers, real estate professionals and others.
- Reports to Director of Development Services. This is a non-supervisory position. Works closely with other Development Services staff and has frequent contact with representatives of various governmental and business entities and the general public.
- Reviews development applications and permits; prepare staff comment letters and reports for boards, commissions, and City Council.
- Prepares legal notices, agenda packets and other required materials for planning cases.
- Provides assistance to customers on the phone, via email and at the front counter.
- Maintains development project records.
- Research best practices and provide recommendations on policy and ordinance revisions.
Master's degree in urban planning and 2 years relevant experience in a municipal planning department or a bachelor's degree in urban planning and 4 years of relevant experience in a municipal planning department.
TX Class C driver's license. American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification preferred.
How to Apply
To apply visit Employment Opportunities | Taylor, TX - Official Website